Chasing Adventure Sunrader Article On Expedition Portal

I love expedition portal, this is awesome. I used to have an fj40 with big plans of an expedition down to panama. Now I have an Itasca Spirit and am headin north and west from Texas. Any suggestions on must see places in the Northwest?

I love the Olympic peninsula! Lake ozette, camp on a lake, canoe or kayak, and take a great hike out to the coast, see petroglyphs, camp if you want with a permit, need a bear canister. Rainier or st Helen's are good options, really depends what you want to do. Leavenworth is a neat Bavarian town and you can raft the Wenatchee, or kayak it! Tell me more about what recreation activities you like

Nice. Good article.

I can already tell I'm going to miss my canoe as I go up the coast! I know I can rent, and I can find people to float with, but still...

Being in northern Cali around the Trinity Alps area is the first time I've missed my canoe...I know Oregon and Washington are going to be worse!

Looks like you've been doing some great stuff with the Sunrader.

Yeah I've had some good trips although right now I'm in the middle of adding rear storage boxes, rear led lights, and redoing my interior rear panel. I'll sneak away for a river trip this weekend but not in my camper.

Great photos of your adventures around WA. Your Sunrader looks so much like one that was at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff in May that I had to go back and look at the pictures I took. The only difference was that the Sunrader shorty 4x4 at the Expo had a winch on the front.

You listed a good summary of activities around Washington. I was just at Cape Disappointment (state park at the mouth of Columbia River) and, while it is a bit out of the way, it is a really lovely drive along Willapa Bay. Mt Rainer and the Olympic Pennisula top my list of essentials for out-of-state visitors.

• 2 weeks later...