Infected Site?

This last few weeks I have been finding a bunch of misdirects from this website when doing image searches on google. I know we had some infiltration not too many weeks ago. Not sure if the administrators have any software that will scan the files on the server to pick that misdirection crud out of there.

I've not had that problem with this site.

However, I once had a search tool virus that redirected all my searches (google, yahoo, bing) to ad sites. None of my virus checkers (Mcaffee, Malwarebytes) would find it.

What worked was to have windows go back a month to an earlier configuration.

We are being scanned by Google and other sites all the time. The big guys are just indexing but some others will tag our site so it looks like us but redirect your inquirey if you try to access us from Goggle or Bing or Yahoo. Safest way to go is come to this site first and then find your information. We are visible to everyone but only members can post. I can only stop the bad guys from joining. Our site is as secure as any other site with this format and maybe more than most. When we are attacked we respond pretty darn quick to warn everyone and fix it.

Linda S

For Karin to find you an example she would have to go to a web page with a redirect to possibley a dangerous down load. We currently have 19 guests and at least 5 of them are from Afganistan and a couple from China plus a few web bots and spiders. The only way to be safe is to access this site directly. They can't post here. They can only fool us by posting links on google and others that look like they might be us. Blame Google. Why do these fake links come up on the first page of thousands of pages.

Linda S

I did a couple different google searches, Looked at web and images (I use images a lot) I didn't see any suspicious link.

If you have a search term, let me know.

I suspect there is nothing on this site that has the bad links, however, its very easy to hijack an image or link, The difficulty would be to get that hijacked url to the top of a search engine.

John

There are several search engine hijackers. They usually get installed on your PC when you download and install free software. They can be difficult to remove. Even system restore might not work. I will run some security checks on the site but most likely its not here where the problem is. Download the free version of malware bytes and run a scan.

• 8 months later...

There are several search engine hijackers. They usually get installed on your PC when you download and install free software. They can be difficult to remove. Even system restore might not work. I will run some security checks on the site but most likely its not here where the problem is. Download the free version of malware bytes and run a scan.

I have been using the purchased version of malware bytes for the last 5 years on all my computers.

• 3 months later...

an example redirect:

do a google search on "3ts air bags" as an example....

your second result set row will be from this forum...

"Recent Install Of 3Ts Firestone Air Rides - Engines "

if you click on that you get the redirect URL.short crapola.

if you copy the link and paste manually into browser you make it to the forum entry.