Can't find Porch light Lens Cover that fits..

85Seabreeze

Hello, I have a 1985 Toyota Sea Breeze and bought it missing the lens cover to my porch light next to my door. I have been to 2 different RV stores that have catalogs to find almost anything and can't find a place to get a lens cover that fits this. I also have the same problem with the lens covers for the little square lights on the inside of the RV as well.. none of his fit because they need to have 2 nitches or grooves in them and none seem to be like mine. Is there some place that is easier to go for finding parts for these things? I just haven't had the best of luck. :) Thanks,

Kris

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you have found a cover that fits - i also am looking for one that fits the outside light by the door of my '86 dolphin. see the pic below - it is @ 3 3/4 by 3 1/2 but has a screw that hold it in place along the bottom. I have looked everywhere for this. any help is appreciated. PS: we don't have a camping world in Arkansas. - kp

post-1069-1191001178_thumb.jpg

Those are all made by Bargman http://www.bargman.com/home.html. They are called lighted assist bars. There are two sizes for the lenses. Call them, they're nice people to deal with.

Good luck.

thepager5,

Wow, you have the exact one as me, and no, I have not found the right size cover. I got a pm telling me to ebay bargman and I found one that looked right in the tiny picture they have, but do not order it, as it is way too small and didn't even come close to fitting. Please let me know if you succeed in finding the right size for our models as all those bargman ones on ebay do not fit ours. Luckily I only wasted about $2-3 with the gamble.

I just emailed the contact address at the bargman.com website and will post anything that I hear back from them, I attached a copy of your picture for reference. Hopefully this gets us some where! :)

Edited by 85Seabreeze

• 1 month later...

Gottasmilealot, while that looks very similar to the one thepager5 and I have, it is not. If you look closely at the picture he posted and then at the one on page 26, you can see that the Bargman one is a smaller unit in whole than the one we have. It is not as tall and lengthy as ours, notice the space between the 4 outer bolts up and down. Then notice that our light looks like an actual square while theres looks more like a little rectangle. That is the one that I bought off ebay and ended up disappointed because it was way too small for the unit I have. Thanks for your help though. thepager5, any luck yet?

hey there 85seabreeze,

I have not found this cover yet. currently i have contacted 2 parts house and are awaiting a reply.

I will let you know as soon as I can.

National built mine and has reccomended taking the orignal out and replace it. The problem is that the new one is outside dimension smaller. That would look great with a ton of caulking around it right by the door. Other than that, I am finally pleased to stop working on it.

Been camping lately? I am starting to plan a 2 week from Arkansas to Yellowstone and back. Any suggestions would be great.

thepager5

post-1069-1194581266_thumb.jpg

I have seen some folks use a tupperware container for the outside. I made one out of plexiglass and spray painted the inside of it with an off white paint. For the inside you might consider replacing the entire unit with a newer unit.

As a side note here is a link to a led supplier

http://www.ledshoponline.com/index.html

I bought a couple of the LEDs that have the standard 1156 bayonet bottom. They are not very bright. I use the inside one as a night light in the bathroom. I bought an amber one for the outside porch lamp. I bought mine from superbrightleds.com.

Now I remember, I bought the whole new Bargman light fixture because I couldn't find the old lens cover. Besides the old switch was getting ratty.

Not sure if you have found a cover that fits - i also am looking for one that fits the outside light by the door of my '86 dolphin. see the pic below - it is @ 3 3/4 by 3 1/2 but has a screw that hold it in place along the bottom. I have looked everywhere for this. any help is appreciated. PS: we don't have a camping world in Arkansas. - kp

I just picked up an '87 Sunrader with the same light and same lens missing. I think I will replace the entire handle with something shiny and newer looking, if I can't find a lens or maybe fabricate up a lens somehow..

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I, too, need the porch light cover.

The reply to my question to Bargman:

"Thank you for contacting Cequent Performance Products. The handle that is on your Sunrader sounds like it was manufactured by a company called Reflect-O-Light, which Bargman bought years back. It is smaller than our current handle. Since Bargman already had an assist handle very similar to the one offered by Reflect-O-Light Bargman did not continue that handle. The lens for this assist handle is no longer available and has no replacement. In the future if I can be any assistance please let me know. Respectfully,

Danny Dunn

Technical Service Coordinator"

So, other than faking up a replacement cover, the option is Bargman's new assist handle. I believe the cutout needs to be made 1/2" - 3/4" wider... Future project.

• 6 months later...

One of today's projects was installing the Bargman assist handle. Only had to widen the hole ~ 3/16". The new assembly is a bit shorter than the old one, so had to be Very careful with vertical placement. Otherwise, went pretty smoothly. May never use the light, but at least now it is covered...

Going back to Kirkwood tomorrow for another set of spring snow storms. Have only frozen the pipes on two nights this winter, one 9 degree night and one 7 degree night. Running the generator overnight is NOT considered bad form in this parking lot. Foil insulation in all the windows at night. Dual pane windows would be real handy...

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

One of today's projects was installing the Bargman assist handle. Only had to widen the hole ~ 3/16". The new assembly is a bit shorter than the old one, so had to be Very careful with vertical placement. Otherwise, went pretty smoothly. May never use the light, but at least now it is covered...

Going back to Kirkwood tomorrow for another set of spring snow storms. Have only frozen the pipes on two nights this winter, one 9 degree night and one 7 degree night. Running the generator overnight is NOT considered bad form in this parking lot. Foil insulation in all the windows at night. Dual pane windows would be real handy...

John

I have a 1986 Sunrader and like all the others my cover of the assistent light is broken too.

I ordered the Bargman replacement which is a bit shorter but also a little bit wider. I figured that I could use the old metal undercover without the screws and place the new light on top of that. That insures that the complete hole is covered and I dont have to widen the opening. There is a bit of caulking necessary but not much. The new screws will hold the old metal undercover quite nicely and if you leave out the old screws you can fit the new cover tighly over the undercover. I hope that helps ... I was thinking first to just put a big exterior light over the hole but I didnt find a nice one - any suggestions?

Happy Camping ...Joe

• 11 years later...

Anyone know the part number for these lenses for I need one too. Lol 

So is there a screw to hold it in. If so your going to have to figure out how to make one. My 86 did have the screw but I upgraded to no screw before it was too late.  No handle fixtures to upgrade with anymore. 

Here's the no screw type. To pricey so search some more

Crap sight won't let me link. Just searched rv door handle lens

Linda

Is this the porch light cover you are looking for?   I replaced the original on my '86 2 years ago, some reviewers (either on Amazon, or here on this site) said this brand's plastic didn't hold up, however perhaps I got a "later edition" 2 years back, I bought 2 & the first one is holding up great. 

barqman_porch_lens_banner.jpg.90542ba5a0dc6dee10bb79313ef731ec.jpg

If this is the porch light cover you are looking for, hie thee hence to Amazon & search for "sr33101 rv porch light lens".

Edited by tstockma

On 9/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, Ctgriffi said:

Caulking can be nearly an art form, seems like. And it can make or break the look of many projects.

One trick I've learned, in cases where you have the time and want a near-perfect line: start with a straight, continuous run of masking tape—one piece on each side of the joint—then, after you apply the caulk and tool the joint with a wet fingertip, carefully remove each piece of tape (pulling it at an angle, away from the joint) before the caulk sets up.

17 hours ago, linda s said:

So is there a screw to hold it in. If so your going to have to figure out how to make one. My 86 did have the screw but I upgraded to no screw before it was too late.  No handle fixtures to upgrade with anymore. 

Here's the no screw type. To pricey so search some more

Crap sight won't let me link. Just searched rv door handle lens

Linda

Yea it has the screw. I’m just gonna make a metal one. Thank you Linda. 

Ctgriffi, no it’s not like that one.