chinook

frenk

hello everybody, i have a question about the chinook 78 with pop up. I saw a nice one in Holland, but i couldnot figure out how to make a 2 person bed in it, can anyone help me, please!!!

hello everybody, i have a question about the chinook 78 with pop up. I saw a nice one in Holland, but i couldnot figure out how to make a 2 person bed in it, can anyone help me, please!!!

It depends on which floor plan the 78 you seen had. If it has the dinette floop plan, 2 couches in the front , one on each side, the table rests on the outer lip of each couch and the cushions are layed out to cover the area wall to wall. If it had the Gaucho floor plan with a single couch down the passenger side, there are a couple support arms that slide out of the couch face below the seat cushion, has support legs that fold out from those to the floor, remove the cushions and the plywood seat area is double hinged and flips out and out again to form the bed base, then the cushions are put back to cover the area. originally they had a cushion sack to stuff the cushions in to hold them all together so they wouldn't slide around, a real joy to use, trying to wrestle the huge sack of cushions around inside the small area.

If by chance it had the earlier "L" shaped floor plan couch, those have a wing that folds out at the rear of the "L" support legs fold off the wing to the floor, another small wing normally stored in the rear couch storage attaches at the front of the couch, the table sets in the center to form the bed platform, then again the cushions are rearranged to cover it up.

In addition to the main couch bed some also had roll out hammocks on both sides above the side windows, and other had a double size recessed bed that stored up into the roof. I won't explain the setup on those, gotta have some fun for a new Chinook owner. :)