Tearing Down 1987 21' Sunrader, Free Parts, Minneapolis, MN.

brp

I am doing a complete teardown of my Sunrader and I have many parts that I am willing to give away. I cannot speak to the functionality of the parts, I never really used the camper before teardown began.

Anyway, I am in Minneapolis, MN. If there are parts you need I am willing to see what I have got.

I would rather see this stuff used than trashed.

I have all kinds of little off pieces and, so far, the toilet, furnace, and stove are out. Reefer is close. I've got a custom made tool box that mounts on the rear bumper, free as well.

If you want me to ship stuff I might be willing to do that if you pay shipping and a little for my time to box things up, etc.

Thanks

A warning. Many have torn a Sunrader apart and discovered that the roof no longer had the integrity it previously had. There is a post by Karin here that discribes that but don't know where it is right now. I just don't understand why so many people think they can do a better job of making a motorhome. Your Sunrader right now is worth maybe 8 or 9 grand. it will be worth not much when your done. You may like it but have fun ever trying to sell it. The best toyota motorhome out there and I see too many of them gutted and left for dead. I'm gonna go cry now

Linda S

Karin where are you. Tell him

This one was gutted to shell and rebuilt except for bathroom area

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/gfrasier/library/84%20Nissan%20Shorty%20Sunrader?sort=6&page=1#/user/gfrasier/library/84%20Nissan%20Shorty%20Sunrader?sort=6&page=1&_suid=137792419254806889633136963742

This is a big file of another one but shows every step of rebuild

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minitruckcampers/photos/album/518890692/pic/list

No visible strips showing from outside so that is not really an issue

Mostly what I'm saying is I hope your up for it.

Linda S

Well mines an 86 with wood strips still firmly attached and no visible show anywhere. I don't know where you get that from. I have been around so many over the years and never seen anything like that. back to the original issue. yes if BRP is up to the task and finishes his project and does it right I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just tired of seeing gutted Sunraders.there's another one right now in Sonora. I bought the medicine cabinet from that one when he still had plans to complete it but the timing chain broke and now he's given up. 22r engines around here are plentiful and cheap. Easy install even I think I could do. I need to find some land with a barn and I will just save them all

Linda S

A warning. Many have torn a Sunrader apart and discovered that the roof no longer had the integrity it previously had. There is a post by Karin here that discribes that but don't know where it is right now. I just don't understand why so many people think they can do a better job of making a motorhome. Your Sunrader right now is worth maybe 8 or 9 grand. it will be worth not much when your done. You may like it but have fun ever trying to sell it. The best toyota motorhome out there and I see too many of them gutted and left for dead. I'm gonna go cry now

Linda S

Karin where are you. Tell him

I've had many chances to buy Sunraders in pretty good shape for $2500-$4000; I think a person would be nuts to pay $8000-$9000 unless there was really something special and unique involved.

As to "why" someone might think they can do better then an RV company?? One valid reason is . . . when a person is doing their own work they are not limited to profit-margin. Few companies that make anything stay in business very long if making a product as best as can be done.

I like the design of Sunraders (kind of like a typical two-piece boat hull). That being said, I've seen several with rot problems and sagging roofs by the AC.

Wow, you guys got off topic in a hurry. I bought the Sunrader for the fiberglass shell and paid $3,200 and I am going to sell the chassis and be into it for maybe $2,500 total.

I'll deal with the furring strips when I get to that point, and I appreciate ths discussion about it. I was thinking of using peel and stick cork tiles on the walls and foam backed headliner on the ceiling.

Anyway, the parts are available, please let me know if I can be of help.

PS. To those concerned about a Sunrader being left for dead, this one already was left for dead, full of mouse crap, and I am giving it new life.

Wow, you guys got off topic in a hurry. I bought the Sunrader for the fiberglass shell and paid $3,200 and I am going to sell the chassis and be into it for maybe $2,500 total.

I'll deal with the furring strips when I get to that point, and I appreciate ths discussion about it. I was thinking of using peel and stick cork tiles on the walls and foam backed headliner on the ceiling.

Anyway, the parts are available, please let me know if I can be of help.

PS. To those concerned about a Sunrader being left for dead, this one already was left for dead, full of mouse crap, and I am giving it new life.

Ok then I'm fine with it. Have fun. What are you putting the shell on.

Linda S

• 7 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 1:46 PM, brp said:

I am doing a complete teardown of my Sunrader and I have many parts that I am willing to give away. I cannot speak to the functionality of the parts, I never really used the camper before teardown began.

Anyway, I am in Minneapolis, MN. If there are parts you need I am willing to see what I have got.

I have all kinds of little off pieces and, so far, the toilet, furnace, and stove are out. Reefer is close. I'

On 8/30/2013 at 1:46 PM, brp said:

I have all kinds of little off pieces and, so far, the toilet, furnace, and stove are out. Reefer is close. I've got a custom made tool box that mounts on the rear bumper, free as well.

If you want me to ship stuff I might be willing to do that if you pay shipping and a little for my time to box things up, etc.

Thanks

ve got a custom made tool box that mounts on the rear bumper, free as well.

Thanks

Hi brp, I’m interested in the ladder (if it has one) and maybe the tool box! Any chance you have any pictures? Unfortunately I’m out in Moab, Utah. But maybe we could figure something out. Thanks!

Aaaaaand I just realized this was from 2013.... 🤦‍♂️ haha. Still looking for a ladder for an 86 Sunrader if anyone has one lying around!