Mid-West Toy-In: Galena, IL October 4th-6th, 2013

bufbooth

Hello All,

A Mid-West Toyota Rally is being held on Friday October 4th to Sunday October 6th, 2013 in Galena, Illinois at the Palace Campground (www.palacecampground.com).

It will be Galena’s OctoberFest (Oktoberfest). There will be live Polka (and other) music, Wiener Dog Races, Polka Dance Lessons, Beer Stein Endurance Contest, Cannon Fire, and other related activities. Galena is home to President Grant and the town has several activities from shopping to kayaking.

Our group name is "Toyota Motorhome Group". The rate is $33 a night for an electric/water site and $35 for an electric/water/sewer site. Note: The sites with sewers will seperate one from the rest of the group. If we end up with 10 reservations, we will receive a 10% discount. Rates are based on 4-person maximum, $2 a night per extra person. Check in time is 2pm and check out time is 1pm. Please try to make your reservations as soon as possible in order to ensure we can all be together, ideally made before August 31st.

For reservations call 1-815-777-2466. Also, you can make a reservation online at: www.palacecampground.com/palace-campground.php but you will still need to call within five business days to make payment, otherwise the reservation will be cancelled. When you call, tell them you are part of the “Toyota Motorhome Group”, and put “Toyota Motorhome Group” into the Comment area if you use the online reservation.

This campground usually fills up for this weekend due to OctoberFest.

Cancellation policy: There is a 10 day cancellation notice for refund.

The campground has free WiFi, laundry facilities, horseshoes, Arcade building, Miniature Golf (fee), and three Bath/Shower buildings.

Oktoberfest Schedule: www.galenalions.org/galena-oktoberfest-schedule.asp

Camp Ground Map: http://www.palacecampground.com/site_map.html

Galena Activities: www.galena.org/calendar/index.php?d=2013-10-4&m=1

www.galena.org/calendar/index.php?d=2013-10-5&m=1

After you make your reservations, please send me an email at bufbooth@yahoo.com so I know who and how many will be attending.

The plan would be to have a number of optional events to attend as a group, and maybe lunch/dinner. There would still be the usual activities at the campground such as a pot luck dinner, Toyota Open House, how-to demonstration, group camp fire, RV item swap meet, etc…

Thank you,

Dennis Booth

The How-To Demostrations are on demand, that is one makes a request and either I try to do it or we find someone

that is attending to do it. We usually do a how to Winterize, popular topic for new owners and being October winter

is just around the corner. In the past we have done Demos on how to adjust the rear brake proration brake valve,

installing power invertors, installing a new water heater, resealing windows and a couple others that escape my

memory at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom and I are registered in site #119. We stayed at this RV park about a month ago and it looks like a nice location. There's mini-golf course that was quite busy even for a Monday. And downtown Galena is a nice area with lots of trendy and quaint shops. This should be a fun place for a rally.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife Bonnie will have a Toyota Craft activity, Toyota Coasters! If you would like to make one or two Toyota drink coasters, bring one or two pictures of your Toyota with, all other materials will be supplied. The coaster base is a 4.25 inch square tile, just be sure your picture is less then 4.25 inches. Please see attached picture.

Dennis...

post-412-0-56801900-1379300079_thumb.jpg

As of today we have 9 reservations and several "maybes." There are 6 sites left in the area being reserved for our group. Call 815-777-2466 to make a reservation. Be sure to tell them you are with the Toyota motorhomes group. It's gonna be fun (as always)! Tika

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to thank everyone who attended the Galena Rally, it seemed to be too short compared to past rallies.

I was a bit out of sorts on this one, my recent work schedule really side tracked me on planning group events and the

weather was a bit strange, it was up and down, hot and muggy and then cold and damp. The hair cut that Mrs. Clark

took on the way there sidetracked me a bit, the back part of the canoe rack got clipped off from hitting a low/unmarked

underpass...I was fearing major roof damage but only the rack took the damage. It was still good to see past friends and

meet new Toyota owners. Galena is very nice town to visit for a weekend, nice rolling landscape and the downtown area

looks like its 1900 (or earlier).