boondocking in nyc

magic princess

I wasn't 100% serious -but I consider all the five boroughs one big cess pool, more or less. I lived 7 miles from Manhattan for the first 18 years of my life - but on the other side of the Hudson. I also drove a taxi in Manhattan. One big H*ll hole in my opinion. And yeah, I've been told NYC got much better after Giuliani served as mayor. I also used to have some black friends on Lenox Ave. near 125 th street. I was knifed their once and consider myself lucky not to have been shot. In later years (since the 70s), I've been there once. That was around 1990. I d*amn near got killed in Brooklyn while trying to visit a family member's grave (shot at). Then I went to the NYC Municipal Archives on Chambers Street and spent near $200 just to park for one afternoon. I now live 200 miles north of NYC and and still am surrounded by NYC "water police." They hang out upstate to make sure we locals don't spoil our pristine water before it gets to Mahattan where they can pollute it and then dump it into the Atlantic.

Hey, to each his (or her) own. I can't stand the place and wish we could annex it from the State of NY. Maybe then we could get a state governor who's not a city-boy. When I lived in northern Vermont, some of the local hicks felt the same way about southern Vermont. I guess one can acquire a certain mindset when living in the sticks.

I have a niece who works as a model in Manhattan. When she visits where I live - she thinks I live in desolate H*ll-hole, so I guess it's all relative.

NYC is nothing like it was in the 70s...its quite vanilla, people are nice...honking is illegal...the blacks and Puerto ricans are FUN!

I think full public nudity is still legal in brattleboro...always hearing about the nudists parading around town...lol! I love Albany and upstate NY...

When I moved to northern Vermont around 1975 - there were several communes full of aging hippies and lots of nudity. I have no idea if it was techincally legal.

Wasn't something we "cultural observers" were concerned about. That was in the Albany, Barton, Newport Center, Craftsbury area near the Canadian border. At the same time, the Frenchies across the border were openly smoking weed in the bar and I doubt that was 100% legal.

A year or so ago in Maine there was a big commotion about a woman who mowed her lawn topless. Not sure what ever became of all that.

In NYC the democratic mayoral candidates do all of their best work topless. Go Carlos Danger Go. I actually don't see how the Weiner can be any worse than Emperor Bloomberg though. Funny; those city dwellers in NYC have a choice of Carlos Danger, aka the naked weiner; or the woman that changed the Mayoral Term Limits rules to allow emperor Bloomberg a third term.

Personally I would still go for the weiner. The potential newspaper headline tongue in cheek one liners alone make him the better candidate.

Karin, thank you I knew you would come around sooner or later. :first:

I suspect Weiner likes having his bottomless image out there on the Net. Seems his mantra is . . . "being erected will get him elected." After seeing Obummer get voted in for a 2nd term, I figure anything is possible.

Besides Weiner,and nanny-dictator Boomberg, we've got our supposedly disgraced and resigned goverrnor (Spitzer) running for office again. And next door in New Jersey - there's resigned governor sceevy McGreevy who got caught playing with other men at rest stops. We've got our present Governor making inane gun laws by candlelight pretending it's a State emergency (son of Mario). Good Lord - isnt' there anything better out there?