'91 Itasca Spirit... noob with water issues

just got a 91 itasca spirit which I like very much, but it has a couple of water issues. when I fill the water supply tank I get a steady slow drip from two small drain pipes directly under the fresh water tanks, doesn't stop until the water tank is empty. Number two is the two drain valves in the cabinet under the stove leak when the lines are pressurized by the pump.

I started to disconnect the lines thinking I could just replace them but found that they were difficult to remove, guessing

that since they were drains they must drain into something, probably the waste water tank directly under the valves.

anyway is there any way I can address these issues without going to the shop??? thanks in advance

Sliicefreely, I just went through that on a 1994 Winnebago Warrior. They are the same coach from what you described. The draines that are located above the gray tank drain onto the gray tank not into it. Kinda weird location to me. The drain valves are unique to Winnebago, your Itasca Spirit is just a upgrade from the Winnebago. Kinda like a Chevrolet to a GMC truck if you know what I mean. Anyway you may be able to pull the small round gray plunger out from the valve and replace the o-ring, mine wouldnt come out. Took it to a rv repair and they replaces the two valves under the range with brass valves, the valve under the couch was not leaking, holding my breath. $112.00 dollars later no leaks. The valves are no longer available. Darrel

Thanks so much for the info i'll try pulling out the plunger... then off I go to the repair shop.... the plastic valves that are leaking are no longer available???

but the brass one are???

thanks again

steve

Yes and no. The brass ones that were installed in mine are not replacement valves bot something that would fit with new fittings and pipe. Darrel

I have a 93 winnie warrior & have had a 92 itasca spirit - both RB321 - (with the sofa) .

Sounds like you are describing the drain valves. Have you tried opening & shutting them a few (or more) times? They might seat after a while. They are used to drain the system for cold weather.

Do they leak more when the system is pressurized?

Have you had your sofa out yet? (assuming you have the 321 - the smaller version does not have a sofa).

yes they are the drain valve and the leak more when pressurized, i started taking it apart thinking i could replace it my self, but then promptly broke one of the connectors in half.... the two water lines come in and split off to the sink and the shower/bathroom (i guess) with the leaky drain valve in the middle

check out the picture and relay any info you might have...

thanks post-7192-0-18145400-1370724242_thumb.jp

yes they are the drain valve and the leak more when pressurized, i started taking it apart thinking i could replace it my self, but then promptly broke one of the connectors in half.... the two water lines come in and split off to the sink and the shower/bathroom (i guess) with the leaky drain valve in the middle

check out the picture and relay any info you might have...

thanks attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

A good RV outfit should have all the fittings you would need to fix it. The drains are for convenience if you do a good job with antifreeze or air pressure you really don't need them.