Hey all,

I figured maybe someone would find the info useful so I am posting this here. My 87 Escaper water heater ignitor wasn't working so I wanted to get that taken care of. The previous owner put it a new sparker itself, but the problem was in the board.

yTRXFet.jpg

9KMmGfQ.jpg

oFxvR1A.jpg

I took the board off and googled the part number and found a few but they were priced at about $150. Upon further research I found a board made by Dinosaur electronics that was supposed to be compatible with my heater. It cost me $55 on Ebay.

zV30G4B.jpg

I had to trim down the rubber piece that covers the part that snaps onto the little sparker thing.

I pulled the old board off and plugged everything into the new board and gave it a test. Upon nothing happening I figured maybe the problem was elsewhere, then it hit me! No literally, it shocked the heck out of me. So hey I was happy it worked! I just wasn't aware it had a built in delay. :greedy:

Ov4eg0t.jpg

So for $55 bucks it was totally worth the fix and another thing crossed off of my list.

Here's a video of it in action.

Thanks for the read! Maybe this will help someone out with a similar issue.

Those Dinosaur boards are very nice they also have boards for generators, furnaces and fridge's.

Yup it performed flawlessly. My fridge auto light does not work but I have no had a chance to look at it yet, would it be able to use the same board?