gasoline leak on 2002 tacoma gas tank area

mini-wini-dan

Recently discovered that If I put more than 6 gallons in my Tacoma I have a leak running down the side of the tank. It is hard to see where it is coming from and I know that I will need to remove the tank to see what is happening. Anyone had this problem on a 2002 Tacoma? Dealer service tech suspects fuel pump bracket?

Try a search on tacomaworld.com I don't think it was common problem my old 94 had rotted fuel lines that leaked huge amounts of fuel as soon as I turned the key on but the 97 had no issues even at 285K miles. The pump is in the tank. I wonder what the tech is talking about maybe they did have fuel line problems.

Many Toyota's have a hatch just above the fuel tank that allows changing out the fuel pump and sender. Check under your rear seat or cargo area.

Many Toyota's have a hatch just above the fuel tank that allows changing out the fuel pump and sender. Check under your rear seat or cargo area.

He has a pickup.

HE HAS A PICKUP I HAVE THE SAME FUEL HOSE FUME LEAK STINK AROUND THE SIDE OF MY 1988 4W D X T R A CAB as i had with both of my moter homes and those filler hoses at times will leak gas on the ground. I ALSO HAD A 1978 S R 5 where the top of the tank had holes rusted through it at full it leaked on the ground. fixed by epoxey. dont know about takeing tank down on the newer ones. never had newer then 88