Wifi/Cell Phone

Hello All,

The new phone I got a few months ago might be of interest, it is a Motorola Defy smartphone setup

to be used on the Republic wireless service. The interesting thing about it is that it will try to use wifi

first to make a VOIP call and then the Sprint 3G / regular service if wifi is not available, also US roaming

is free. They have two plans, one is $259 for the phone and then $19 a month for unlimited voice, data, and Text.

The other is $99 for the phone and then $29 a month for unlimited voice, data, and Text. Motorola is

offering a $50 rebate credit if you buy the phone before March 18th.

If you have poor cell phone coverage at home or in parts of your house (like your basement) and have WIFI,

you will not have that issue anymore as long as your wifi is up. Same is true if you are in a hotel or other

building that has wifi.

Dennis...

That stuff is getting far more reasonable now that they are doing more and more VoIp I have been using Skype for years but I only have WiFi. That is a good buy thanks for posting.

you can use Skype on smart phones, there is a free app for it.

Yes I use it on my tablet but all Skype to Skype both video and voice when you say "free" it's easy to get all your friends and family to down load it.