How Can I Determine What Dolphin "Series" I Have?

Riverman77

Howdy Folks,

I have had my 88 Dolphin for about 8 years. I thought that I always knew it pretty well. But, until I became a member on this website, I never really never considered the specific series that I own. I frequently read other poster's referring to their Dolphins in terms of: "I have an 1980's (something) Dolphin Series 900" or a "Series 500" etc. And, I guess this is just one dumb thing that I have never knew how to describe mine. I have searched this site under files & photo's hoping to find a Dolphin brochure that may describe the various series versions i.e.: 'bathroom in rear is this series' or 'foldout trundle bed is this series'. Does anyone have a good handle on, or a link to show me the various series versions?

Thank You,

-Riverman77

Thank you for the link, Vanman. Your link, while having some real cool information, showed the 1991 Dolphin with only the 200, 400 & 900 series.

It looks like you even have a 1991 Dolphin. That is a real fine looking machine!

Do you (or someone) have any information listing the the different series models for a 1988 Dolphin?

Thank You,

-Riverman77

Derek,

Mine is a 22RE, auto trans, coach door directly behind passenger truck door, NO "Swivel Captain chair", 2 chair dinette/folds into bed on right side of coach, refer 2400 on right side, rear bathroom / toilet backs up to closet, rear plastic sink / molded shelf 3' wide L to R, stand up shower w/ curtain, stove and kit sink on left side of coach, 3 person couch / flips into trundle bed behind the drivers seat, no generator, no roof A/C.

You may know my series by what I have listed above but, do you know of any real cool links to show various years and various series models? It would certainly be a valuable & great reference tool for all Dolphin owners.

-Riverman77

Coolest links are the Files in the Yahoo Group. I've been trying to download the 1988 brochure .Pdf but my internet connection isn't cooperating today.

Your layout sounds like the 900, no?

Here are the 300, 500, 700, 800 & 900 layouts (from the 1986 brochure). And the 600 (1984) and 200/400 (1978).

As far as I know, that's all they made (though I've a nagging feeling there might have been a 550).

post-3557-0-74554400-1359311046_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-61388000-1359311102_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-74949700-1359311193_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-04604900-1359311287_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-21786500-1359311422_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-85192500-1359311637_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-53906400-1359311734_thumb.jp

Derek,

Thanks for the thumbnails. Yes, it does look as if mine is a "900 Model". I never have joined up with the Yahoo folks because many folks here on this site have mentioned their site isn't very good. If your PDF connection improves soon, I'll really look forward to your additional info on the "1988 Models"! Thanks again.

-Riverman77

I never have joined up with the Yahoo folks because many folks here on this site have mentioned their site isn't very good.

Probably as many 'there' say the same about 'here'. :)

Anyone else who's on 'both', here's the link to the '88 brochure.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/files/Coach%20Manufacturer%27s%20Information/Owners%20Manuals%20and%20Brochures%2C%20Etc./Dolphin%20%2B%20Seabreeze%20%28National%20RV%29/Dolphin_Seabreeze%20Sales%20Brochures/

See if you can download it and post it here. :)

P.S. Not surprised you have a 900. It seems to be the most common layout among all the manufacturers. Dolphin offered it pretty much every year while the tried (then dropped) plenty of others.

Derek,

I clicked on the ...Micro Mini.pdf link and it doesn't seem to work. Isn't there supposed to be dot or a dash between Micro & Mini?

Also, I am not all that sharp on computers. I'm not sure if I would know how to re-post it here.

-Riverman77

Derek,

Looks like I need to sign up. I'll do that and click on the link, later on tonight.

I really like the sound of it being for all years of the Dolphin!

I'll let you you know, after I've visited the site/link.

Thanks again.

-Riverman77

RIVER MAN TRY THIS SITE NATIONAL RV ARCHIVE shows a dif years models i have the 87 400 on 86 chassis

Thanks 5T...I just replied to your PM message.

-Riverman77

Thanks to you all! I have found all of the PDF files, on the Yahoo group and the National RV site, regarding original Dolphin sales brochures through ALL of the years! It is quite clear that I have a "900 Model". It is really enjoyable to read the brochures of some our earliest (1970's) Dolphin & Chinook's (extremely basic rigs) right up through about 1992, when everyone abandoned (or went out of business) the micro-mini design. It certainly was quite a run, those coach builders had during those 20 years or so.

PS Derek, I finally did make it through to the other site. I had to wait for quite a while for the Moderator/Owner to "approve" me.

-Riverman77

Derek,

Nope! Didn't mention any personal names. Remember, I said that I needed to become "approved"!

-Riverman77

Probably as many 'there' say the same about 'here'. :)

Anyone else who's on 'both', here's the link to the '88 brochure.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/files/Coach%20Manufacturer%27s%20Information/Owners%20Manuals%20and%20Brochures%2C%20Etc./Dolphin%20%2B%20Seabreeze%20%28National%20RV%29/Dolphin_Seabreeze%20Sales%20Brochures/

See if you can download it and post it here. :)

P.S. Not surprised you have a 900. It seems to be the most common layout among all the manufacturers. Dolphin offered it pretty much every year while the tried (then dropped) plenty of others.

in the early years the 900 is very rare, the 500 is the big seller.

in later years there isnt even a 500 and the majority are 900s

i have the 300 also something common early 80s non existant in the later ones

someone could compile a list of the models per year available.

we could also do a poll just to see if we find someone with a rare 200 model or etc.

the sunrader seems to follow the same fashion. the early ones are rear bed and the later ones are rear bathroom

Ya I've been away from my computer for a while I'm just thinking of projects for a couple of the members here who are men of leisure.

So many people come here asking the same questions along the lines of, well I want the 22re with the manual and the rear bathroom and and ....

Such a thing will end up being very rare or just not existing.

I have a feeling that if you went out looking for my exact configuration of truck equipment

And layout it will turn out to be super rare because its the first year of the 22re auto. And one of the later years of 300

The main thing is there's no year where you get to choose everything

ill just give you a for instance. I love the warrior except for one thing, almost all of them are rear bathroom with the small window in back basically all small windows.

To me the best layouts are the early toyhomes with the big back windows,

Or the oddyssey that's a good exception. Someday id like to see these same layout by year data on the oddyssey it has late model large rear window.

• 6 years later...

I own a "550 model" full bathroom in the front with dinette in back,I have yet to see one yet as I've never really seen alot of pics of them.92 dolphin straight from national r.v. I have original paperwork,cost 32,130 bucks,back then that was alot of scratch!  

IMG_20190826_202005.jpg

I actually think this may have been a floor model also as 550 was printed on the side of the door,yet I checked all paperwork from owners before myself no one had that address. Now it is 0 as I made it mine and scratched that off, how do I find out if there was at least three made? 550 model says 1992 on sales sheet,v6 overdrive, ECT, with 53,000  and receipts! How do I value? Toy hogs could give me a dreamy offer I wouldn't refuse? What should that be? I got pics too.i really think it was a floor model because of the numbers . If there are only ten even ,that would surprise me I've done some homework and figured this is the rare unwanted in it's day model

IMG_20190321_115424.jpg

• 1 year later...

I going to buy a 1973 toyota RV I DONT KNOW IF IT A dolphin or not

I don't think Dolphins were made in 73. First docs I can find are from 1976. You need to show us what this looks like and maybe we can tell you if your throwing your money away. Lots can go wrong especially that old

Linda S