BOOSTING VERIZON MIFI WITH ROOF ANTENNA,,HELP!

And yes increasing your wifi range will have nothing at all to do with increasing your cellular range. this is because wifi and cellular, whether its wireless or not, are not the same thing.

Many versions of wireless internet run on the same two MHz bands as 3G cellular. Many cell phone towers also share the internet access and 3G celluar. If someone buys a dual band amplifier and antenna it greatly enhances both the Internet and the 3G cellular. I'm doing it in three different places - central NY, northern NY and northern MI. The amp and antenna works great for my AT&T cell phone, my Verizon wireless home phone and my Millenicom (Verizon towers) 3G Internet access. I also have MiFi 4GLTE and that is on a third band - 700 MHz. For that I have a separate amp and roof antenna at home. When in MI it reverts to 3G and works fine with my dual-band amp and antenna.

im not sure if anything in that is useful to an rver but ill read through it and try and find something...

if you have a mifi

and you are using an antenae to increase 4g lte range to the mifi, meaning if your antenae wasnt up, the mifi wouldnt get 4g lte...

what is that antenae? is it for sale what does it look like?

im not sure if anything in that is useful to an rver but ill read through it and try and find something...

if you have a mifi

and you are using an antenae to increase 4g lte range to the mifi, meaning if your antenae wasnt up, the mifi wouldnt get 4g lte...

what is that antenae? is it for sale what does it look like?

Depends on what an RVer calls "useful." To me and my wife- getting a signal while travelling or camping is what we call "useful."

When on the road we use a Wilson cradle-amp made for the Jetpack MiFi we have. Has a amp and a small magnetic antenna. Makes a huge difference in reception. We've been places with 1- 2 bars of reception without the amp and full off-the-scale bars with it. Wilson # 815125.

At home we have a Wilson 4G LTE 700 MHz amp # 801865 along with a roof mounted Wilson antenna that receives 700-2700 MHz. Wilson part # 304453. Again, makes a huge difference in our fringe-area reception.

We also have a Cyfire amp we use for our 3G cell phones and 3G Internet access. Runs on 12 volts and easy to use while travelling.

thanks im looking into that.

I actually only have ever seen the things the cell phone companys charge for. those amps are what I am looking for.

ok well this is it then

http://3gstore.com/product/3343_wilson-70db-verizon-700mhz-4g-lte-wireless-amplifier.html

this is something you can buy marco for a verizon mifi

product exists and must be legal.

jd has one it is overall extremely similar to the one verizon charges for. its in the 500$ range so Im looking into something cheaper next.

when i look at the price of that wilson kit

and knowing what what they call an amp really is it makes me want to go into business making them.

They literally just make the amp and use external antenae makers for the other parts to their kit.

Well I can make that amp for like 20$ in fact.... direct tv makes them this is what it really is

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-11005&scode=GS401&CAWELAID=356761471?catargetid=1545764029&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLTbwqnp2LUCFcdxQgodiDQA3Qhttp://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-11005&scode=GS401&CAWELAID=356761471?catargetid=1545764029&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLTbwqnp2LUCFcdxQgodiDQA3Q

im actually researching the best external antenae to mount to a toyhome for this product. un pointed obviously. uni directional.

If someone wants to research that Im down with that help

I want a non house external antennae that will hold through being driven on the freeway.

When I install verizon home fuzion I literally install a dc power inserter to 29 volts, the cantennae which is aperently a combonation of both an amp and an external antenae aand coaxial cable to a standard cable modem.

The only data it sends is to the sign up screens to register the cantenae. It locks its location. On a map, meaning it finds where it is located on the house via gps

Not that this would be hard to fake but there's built in securiity.

any such thing as an rv specific cellular antenae gulfstream?

for a wilson amp?

it is still intended for a house obviously. It runs on ac power.

I was thinking a house antenae pointed right at a window would work doingn it on the inside.

My Wilson amps are all 12 volts DC and use AC to DC converter when used in the house. My Cradlepoint wireless router is also 12 volts DC. So is my Cyfire amp. My Mifi runs on 5 volts DC. I've never come across any signal amp that runs on AC by default.

In regard to prices on amps -much depends on the "noise" in the transistors used. Transistor noise defeats the dB ratings ("d for deca" for 10 times Bell Labs). Amps are rating by dBs but the transistor noise is also important. Good amps have low-noise. My Wilson amps for TV, cell phone, and wireless Internet have been great.

I am using a Verizon wireless MiFi Jetpack 4620L 4GLTE right now for this Internet connection. 5 volts DC. I have no idea what model you are referring too.

verizon home fusion cantena

i think i posted a link to its model number and put pictures of it here in this thread.

Im a verizon certified home services technician.

. I can see why you have no idea what Im talking about though.

verizon home fusion.... 4g lte amplifier. I think I wrote a few pages about it here in this thread.

mr magoo.

google verizon home fusion.

does your jetpack have any sort of antena?

I know you dont have a fuctional motorhome right now but what Im looking for is something that could be installed on an rv.

it seems like most of the set up in the cabin could be...

I know when I isntall a home fusion cantenae its permanently mounted to the house. not because of wind as much as verizon doesnt want it moved by people.

I can say that actually almost any of the home antenaes could be installed on an rv just dont drill the holes and strap it to the luggage carrier.

As it gets closer to summer, and I have my own cellular internet hooked up in the rv Ill try to hunt an rv thread for people using cellular amplifiers on the road. probably the airstream forums again.

Im almost sure Im going with clearwire if I read reviews of someone using this wimax thing to extend their range by miles I might invest in one.

Same maker but a different thing completely than the verizon one.

does your jetpack have any sort of antena?

I know you dont have a fuctional motorhome right now but what Im looking for is something that could be installed on an rv.

Yes, the Verizon Jetpack 4620L has a built in antenna AND an external antenna port for hooking to an external preamp, roof antenna, etc.

No, you do not "know" I lack a "functional" motorhome. I have two that are presently "functional." Also a truck with a slide-on camper. Three more that are not functional at the moment.

As it gets closer to summer, and I have my own cellular internet hooked up in the rv Ill try to hunt an rv thread for people using cellular amplifiers on the road. probably the airstream forums again.

We use our cell phones for voice, and MiFi for Internet, and also our wireless Verizon home phone when traveling, "on the road." Depending on what rig we are driving, we have a small antenna with a magnetic base for an antenna, in one RV, a Wilson tri-band roof mount antenna. We have Wilson preamps that all run on 12 volts and are mobile. We also have a "phone cradle" that allows a roof antenna to be hooked to a wireless device that lacks an hard-connection antenna port.

well something in there is probably what marco is looking for then...

a roof mounted antenae for a mifi.

roof meaning a house roof that is installed with lag bolts to 2 by 4s? or a rv roof mounted? either way i think it can be strapped to an rv roof with wire of some sort.

http://www.alternativewireless.com/clear-4g-external-antenna-kit.html

heres a quick rundown of something similar for clearwire.com

same equipment would work with sprint/virgin. no idea on the performance but its the perfect thing for an rv in that it stays inside and sticks to a window. doesnt rattle around outside somewhere.

need to find some user reviews somewhere.

obviously not as powerful as the amp i listed earlier but i think its compatible with it.

oh you have a magnetic thing for like an old school cellular antenae? well obviosuly that wouldnt stick to aluminum or fiberglass....

could throw it on the hood.

• 3 weeks later...

any such thing as an rv specific cellular antenae gulfstream?

for a wilson amp?

it is still intended for a house obviously. It runs on ac power.

I was thinking a house antenae pointed right at a window would work doingn it on the inside.

The Wilson Trucker antenna works really well. http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/display/34/51/rv-trucker-roof-mount-antennas I have a Verizon usb727 stick that has an antenna connection. So with an adapter I can connect my laptop to the antenna. Bought it on ebay. You can just activate it for a month for $50 when you go on a trip. No contract needed. Wilson also makes mobile repeater systems if your phone does not have an antenna jack.

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/index/category/38/wireless

The Wilson Trucker antenna works really well. http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/display/34/51/rv-trucker-roof-mount-antennas I have a Verizon usb727 stick that has an antenna connection. So with an adapter I can connect my laptop to the antenna. Bought it on ebay. You can just activate it for a month for $50 when you go on a trip. No contract needed. Wilson also makes mobile repeater systems if your phone does not have an antenna jack.

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/index/category/38/wireless

I had the 3G Novatel 720 USB stick before I switched to the MiFi box. Stick is from Millenicom and the carrier is Verizon. I tested the USB when hooked to my Wilson Truck antenna and a Wilson amp. Made a HUGE difference but . . . the little magnetic mount antenna that came with my Wilson amp outperforms the bigger hard-mounted Wilson "Trucker' antenna. It does not seem fair but true just the same. At least anywhere I tested it.

I now have the MiFi 4GLTE. That uses a different frequency/band then the 3G 720 USB stick did so I had to buy a different amp and antenna. My Wilson dual-band amp does not cover the MiFi frequency. I have not had a chance to try out the new MiFi amp and antenna setup yet.

Oddly the little magnetic mount antenna is rated with the exact same gain as the big hard-mounted "Trucker" antenna with the 3G frequencies (800/1900). But with the MiFi 4GLTE on 700 MHz, the little antenna is rated with much less gain then the Trucker antenna.

My amps that worked great with the 720 USB are the Wilson 811210 dual-band and the Motorola Shasta Cyfre dual-band. Neither will work in the 4GLTE band at 700 MHz.

The Wilson Trucker #30-1119 antenna:

700 MHz (4GLTE) - 3 dB gain

800 MHz (3G) - 5 dB gain

1900 MHz (3G) - 6 dB gain

Wilson small magnetic mount antenna # 301103

700 MHz (4GLTE) - 1.9 dB gain

800 MHz (3G) - 5.1 dB gain

1900 MHz (3G) - 6 dB gain