RV Awnings Mart - any good?

Ritabago's Dad

Has anyone here done business with RV Awnings Mart online? - http://www.rvawningsmart.com

I'm looking to replace my beat-up canopy, an '11 A&E (Dometic) 8500. By doing a search, I found these folks and they're offering this particular awning for 50% less than everywhere else I've looked, plus the material is thicker and they back it with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 2-year warranty. That, and shipping is only $15. Camping World wants a heckuva lot more than that for shipping and the cost of the awning. I figure I can buy my own awning and have it installed without all the ups and extras. Question is, what is the quality of this awning? If anyone here has had some experience with them, I'd appreciate a reference. Probably won't be in the market to buy for another couple of months.

Thanks for any help!

Bing

'92 Winnebago Warrior

Seems like a low-risk deal, Shaggy - I'll probably go this route unless someone posts a big warning about this company. Will definitely post about 'em if I go that direction.

I love my dometic awning. I dont know its model number I cant find it. I just showed it off to my friend who has a sunrader and she was very jealous, just works so intelligently and well

• 2 months later...

Well, I got the awning installed and it's fantastic! I'm very happy with the price, the look, the service and quality of the awning, which is definitely thicker and more durable than the original material. RV Awnings Mart rocks!

Installation-wise, the tech wasn't used to Dometic products and had a bit of trouble getting it set up (I really regret not bringing the instructions along.) The only snag seems to be that the Safe-T-Lock Lever on the right end-cap is in the wrong general position. Instead of you pulling it towards you in the roll down position and then pushing it away from you in the roll up position, it's reversed. I've opened and closed it several times and everything works as it should. Do I have a reason for concern at all?