you might have a water leak.

best thing is to peal it away and look for water damage on the boards behind it

try to peal away so if you cant see any damage you can use a glue spay can to re-attach

my feeling is that their is a reason why its pealing away..

good luck

let us know how it goes

take some pics and post so we can get a better look.

jmhooten,

You probably have a leak and the water is causing the glue to fail and the thin plywood interior paneling to delaminate. The best fix is to peel the panel off so that you can see the condition of the wood underneath and maybe find the source of the leak as well. If the 1x2 framing underneath the panel is wet, I'd replace it with new wood. Also, check on the surface of the bed under the mattress for moisture below where the panel is peeling away.

New paneling is available at most of the big hardware stores like Home Depot and Lowe's. Some places sell it as "door skin". Its only about 1/8" thick.

Several people on this forum , as well as myself, have had this problem and have done the repair, so ask questions and take some photos to post here.

John

My Escaper aluminum panels are a little loose also. I pulled the aluminum out a little and everything is dry and solid under there. I am going to get some spray adhesive to shoot in and then apply pressure to hold it all together. I think that to add pressure to the side of the MH, I will park it close to the garage and inflate an inner tube along the side to push the siding down.

"I think that to add pressure to the side of the MH, I will park it close to the garage and inflate an inner tube along the side to push the siding down."

I would have never in a million years thought of that trick. The things you can learn on this board amaze me.

• 2 weeks later...

Look for water leaks. See these two links:

Side Wall replacement - How I removed and replaced rotted out wood on the drivers side.

Front Window replace and seal - Read down, the front window is a source of leaks

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 4 months later...

a side story: a friend bought a rialto off ebay. when he picked it up there were bubbles in the fiberglas. when he got estimates they were very very high - seller would not take unit back. he complained to ebay who gave him his money back under their guarantee program.

Camper was a NY unit - apparently water had gotten into/ behind the outer layer & froze.

The unit had been described as "perfect".