Can I take my 2 pugs to concerts and football games tailgating?

gr8white

Im thing of going to the penn state ohio state game or the bruce springsteen concert in Pittsburgh this weekend and I cannot fin anywhere if I can bring my 2 pugs to either event. Does anyone know if venues like this allow dogs? Also, I cant figure out if I can stay overnight in parking at the CONSOL Energy Center. If anyone knows this it would be greatly appreciated.

Most events will only allow service dogs in. Your dogs may be well behaved but the occasional disruptive dog gets all of the headlines.

Pugs are ALWAYS well behaved! No fair! :(

Maybe I'm a 'party pooper', but passing off your pets as 'service animals' is akin to parking in a 'Handicapped' parking spot when you're not. i.e. I would NEVER do it myself and wouldn't tolerate someone else doing it. Do them a favor. Leave them at home or in you MH. If they really want to watch the game, leave the TV on for them. :)

P.S. I've got 7 dogs here at the moment, so I'm NOT a dog hater.

Some people have panic disorders and agoraphobia. Not saying that is the case here but taking along their pet allows some of these individuals to deal with situations that would otherwise keep them housebound. The abillity to get out and about is not only an issue for the blind and the deaf or physically disabled. I would say getting out of the house and enjoying entertainment is very valuable therapy.

My ex husband is an agoraphobic, traveling with a dog helped him a lot. I have a girlfriend who would be housebound if she could not take her dog with her. A mental health dog beats Prozac any day.

Here is a web site about it.

http://www.mentalhealthdogs.org/

I think you can understand that one major reason people go through the aggravations associated by with traveling with pets is that they need to do so. They always have a friend near by to lean on for emotional support. Maybe taking the pugs inside is more than just not wanting to leave them in the RV. Then again maybe that is all that it is.

I could not agree more but there is a limit there are places that dogs just do not belong and the owners if they are responsible should know that. Never blame the dog. I have friends that was sued by a service dog owner because they were refused admittance to a tattoo shop they were forced to close their shop because of the legal expense of defending their convictions. Like Derek I have dogs, two Great Diane’s and there is no way I would or want to take them where they were not welcome or have it be traumatic for the dogs. Some people for reasons beyond me just don't like dogs and it's important for their owners to respect that.

Tell it to the French, their dogs go everywhere, even into the restaurants

Yes but I have never seem them in restaurants, cafes and pubs yes but the patrons expect that and are used to it after several centuries. There is an entirely different culture overseas concerning domestic animals and frankly their dogs are generally better trained and behaved then the average American dog or American for that matter.