How to winterize my '93 Warrior

Hi just bought my toyota after a long search, i live in Bend Oregon and it gets cold there. I want to use it occasionally during the winter so what are my choices? May be i should just winterize it and use it that way till spring? So what are the steps to winterize it? Thank you for any help or advice

Heres how I do my Dolphin. Yours may be similiar.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4308

ALSO - If you decide you don't use your water heater and just want to bypass it, it makes winterizing a lot easier and faster.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4310

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

some family farm and home places sell rv antifreeze really cheap.

if you never plan on using your fresh tanks for drinking (which is advisable because people most likely have done what I am about to suggest in the past 20-30 years already) I would suggest filling your tank with antifreeze and just flush with that.

Run that through everything even hot tank after draining. for $60 you can fill it and get quite a few flushes for occasional use.

waiter is good i dont use myn in winter i also put in a water heater bypass kit that you dont fill the whole water heater i blow air in the city water fitting drain water heater blow everthing that also> dump rv tank 4 GALLONS OF ANTIFREZE TURN ON PUMP RUN THROUGH EVERTHING DONT FORGET TOLIT THEN OPEN OUTSIDE WATER TANK JUST LONG ENOUGH TO RUN ANTIFREZE DOWN THAT TO DATE NEVER BROKEN ANYTHING. I DONT USE MINE NOV TO FEB START UP ONCE A WEEK TAKE RV BATTERY OUT BENCH CHARGE IT TWICE A MONTH. DONT FORGET THE DRAIN TRAPS THEY WILL FREZE AND BREAK

$1.99 is a very good price. Buy as many as you can. It normally goes for about $4.00. I just bought 4 gallons (limit 4) at Menards for $1.99. I'll go back tomorrow and get 4 more if I'm in the neighborhood.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Terry, To add to your question. We winterize ours, but when we use it in the winter, we don't use the fresh water tank, we use bottled water. We flush the toilet with windshield washer fluid, we try not to use the sink (gray water) if we do, we dump some windshield washer fluid down the drain.

Dump the tanks often, and when we get home, re winterize the black and gray with RV antifreeze

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 3 weeks later...