Replacement Bed/Mattress for Mirage

o*Live

I need a replacement bed/mattress for '86 Mirage. Size and shape info? Where to order one? Do I need two parts - for the "hatch" and main bed or can I just use one full shape? Thanks!

Mind you, I have a Dolphin, but I think you can do the same? Before I went with a regular mattress above my cab, I removed the upholstery from my old foam, and bought some new good foam. I cut it to the same measurements and shapes by laying the old foam on top, and drawing the shape on the new. I then gave the old upholstery covering to a friend who was a good seamstress. They took a stitching remover and cut the new material I picked out by using the unstitched old panels as their pattern. They sewed them up, and put them over the new foam, and all was good. It’s a bit of work, but most of it was done by the seamstress. I know a Mirage is unique, but this should work for you too. I guess this will also allow you to pick out the exact pattern you want too? Good luck!

i have a futon without the custom hatch, but it just folds on itself.

so the whol back part can fold on itself

the actual futon does not need a special rv hatch if it were all square you could still walk through it. I wouldnt spend a lot for one.

If I did need one id ttake a trip to an rv junkyard.

When we got our 87 Dolphin, the above cab mattress was missing completely. The previous owner used a twin size piece of foam about 5 inches thick, but it was too narrow, too short, and didn't feel right. First we took a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper from our home bedroom and used that. It felt better and was the right length but hung over the edge about a foot. Then on Craig's list we found the mattress from a 90 Itasca. That was too soft and surprise,surprise, it hung over the edge about 5 inches. using the Itasca mattress and the memory foam topper together felt good and slept good, but hung out. So i took them both to a custom upholstery shop and she cut them back to my mark. I did not have her re-sew the mattress covers, we just folded them under and pinned them with several safety pins. The bed is fine now.