Where to put a litter box

snail powered

I recently acquired a 1980 Sunrader. There might be times when I won't have a cat sitter so my boy will need to travel with me.So where to put the cat box? Turns out the rear dinette Sunrader has a perfect solution. Under the drivers side dinette seat is a door that opens into an empty compartment served by an outside storage door.

All I need to do is put in a cat flap in that cabinet door. The litter box can be emptied via the outside door. Bad smells will be vented to the outside.

It is also a good solution when staying for longer periods of timewhen and where the cat can be safely let outside. I will put a custom secondary door inside the outside compartment door. It will also have at flap door in it. Kitty has been know to sneak out before. That will allow him a way back in without me having to stay up all night calling for him.

Don't worry, this cat grew up living in the woods as well as spending time in the city too as well as living indoors for long stretches. He has "street smarts" relating to people and wildlife. He is also a good traveler while riding in cars.

KC

Edited by karincorbin

When traveling with my cat, I put mine in the cab, passenger side floorboard. If traveling with someone, I keep it in the back floor area till we get to the RV park, and then move it up to the floorboard. Any stray litter bits are easy to vacuum up, and not kicking it around in the living space. Using clump litter, and cleaning out the stools daily keeps it from getting stinky.