Gas refrig. does not work

shooting in the dark, shut off valve at the frig? the ingition for the gas working? could be electronic or spark generated by pushing the starter for gas? if it's working on electric my thought is it would work on gas once the burner is lit. does take a long time for it to cool much.

Verify that the burner is lighting, it looks like a pilot light. On your model, it may be manual, i.e. you need to light it, (See photo - the small cover is removed in this photo)

Mine lights like a pilot light, I need to hold the pilot button in, then click the ignitor button. after it lights, keep holding the pilot button in for a few seconds.

The burners get a little rust build up and can clog and will not light. ALSO - If the gas has been turned off for any length of time (greater than a day or two) I will generally light the stove burner for a moment just to purge the line before attempting to use the furnace or frig.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-73580700-1340187094_thumb.jp

Yeah pull the cover they also have a habit of carboning up around the thermo couple. The good news it's not going to be any big deal because it works plugged in.

87 winnebago refridg works on electric but not gas any help? the vents are clear of debris

Do you have a manual for your model fridge? What make and model is it? Is this new to you? Has it ever worked (on propane) since you got it?

http://www.gasrefrigeration.net/dom_techdata/AES_SM.PDF

http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Mine lights like a pilot light, I need to hold the pilot button in, then click the ignitor button. after it lights, keep holding the pilot button in for a few seconds.

The burners get a little rust build up and can clog and will not light. ALSO - If the gas has been turned off for any length of time (greater than a day or two) I will generally light the stove burner for a moment just to purge the line before attempting to use the furnace or frig.

Just to build off of what waiter said here.. I have (what looks like) the same model and was having trouble getting it to work off gas (at first).. couldn't get the pilot to stay lit.

What I did was remove the covers off of everything that could be easily removed and, without touching anything under the covers, used compressed air to blow everything out.

I also read that rust and other particles could settle in some of the components, so I lightly tapped the pipe (along the right side in waiter's picture above) and blew away anything that fell out (some very fine particles did come out).

I kept repeating that until nothing else fell.

Then I put the covers back on and bled everything through until I could light the burners on the range, then turned it off.

The I held down the pilot clicked the ignitor twice and it fired right up.

I used it this past weekend while camping and it stayed nice and cold.

HTH..

Edited by showson1

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. II did find a manual for the fridg and after reading it thoroughly I solved the problem. Cleaned out all vent areas and followed the start up method and it fired up on the first try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all . im new to rv thing.i recently purchased an old 1986 toyota winnebago and the person who i bought said that everything works , well i went camping last weekend and i could not light the water heater up and the refrigerator. i tried the fridge with power ,it got hot in the back but the fridge never get cold. i tried to started the pilot with not luck .same thing with the water heater. My water heater model is RV6-X 6 gallons. refrigerator model is RM2400 DOMETIC. HELP from anyboby will be very useful and apreciated. thanks you.

Frig need to be level to work on either elec or gas. It takes an hour or so to start getting cold, you can fell it on the fins in the back of the freezer..

Make sure the gas line is purged, i.e.. I light a stove burner for a few seconds to make sure the gas lines are purged.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

We have had great luck with ours on electric and propanr until last week. Will work on electric but not propane. The pilot stays lit. Any ideas?

If it works on electric, it should work on gas (and vice versa) The electric or gas provide heat to the ammonia boiler. Make sure your level.

Also if you say the pilot is lite, check and make sure all the pilot openings are clear and clean (where the gas comes out has little slots) If some of them are blocked, the pilot could light but not get enough gas to produce enough heat for the boiler tube.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto