Recommended tire brand

picklebill

Hi all - I am in the need for a set of back tires on my 18 foot Sunrader. It appears that the tire size for my unit is getting hard to find and I was wondering if any one has a recommendation for a brand of tire that works well. The size is LT195/75R14. I have found several brands, but have never heard of them - Mastercraft, Wildcat, Etc. Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks

Bill

Goodyear Wrangler AT's come in LT in that size. I have Mastercraft Avenger G/Ts on my pickup, they are 215/70 15 I don't know if they make that size you want but I've had em on for 20K and I swear they are brand new, wear VERY well, or should I say, very little.

I bought a complete set of Nankangs this past year at Les Schwabs. 8 ply rating, very very good price, good ride. The MH calls for 6 ply but it's nice to have 8 ply. First I thought "Nankangs"? I found out that my flatbed trailor came with Nankangs and it came cross country with me. Nankang specializes in racing and truck tires and has been around for 67 years. So they're not an off brand. I had Wildcats and the road noise was terrible.

My Wrangler HTs on the front (185R14) are rated at 1610 psi dual, Load Range C. The Signets on the rear (also 185R14) are rated 1765 dual, but 8-ply-rated, putting them in Load Range D.

The Wranglers appear to be longer-wearing, better traction rated. The Signets are very sturdy, M & S rated but without an aggressive tread.

The Signets (Korean) were less than half the price of the Wranglers (American), $50 vs. $120, four years ago.

Road noise minimal in both cases.