We don't use our water heater, and its a pain in the behind to winterize it, so I made a little bypass fixture for about $7.00.

post-4544-0-52881800-1322159653_thumb.jp

Shows water heater connections. Water heater holds about 6 gallons of water ind is difficult to drain for winterization.

post-4544-0-54084300-1322159655_thumb.jp

Two brass fittings and small tubing to bypass the water heater.

post-4544-0-19344300-1322159657_thumb.jp

Before doing this, drain water out of the tank, blow air through it if possible (air fitting on city water connection), AND get some RV antifreeze in it to keep any residual water from freezing.

Unscrew the water lines from the water tank, and then screw them onto the bypass fixture.

I installed a small plug on both the top and bottom connections of the water heater. I then used a couple white wire ties to secure the bypass hose to the water caps. This will prevent the bypass hose from flopping around.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We don't use our water heater, and its a pain in the behind to winterize it, so I made a little bypass fixture for about $7.00.

post-4544-0-52881800-1322159653_thumb.jp

Shows water heater connections. Water heater holds about 6 gallons of water ind is difficult to drain for winterization.

post-4544-0-54084300-1322159655_thumb.jp

Two brass fittings and small tubing to bypass the water heater.

post-4544-0-19344300-1322159657_thumb.jp

Before doing this, drain water out of the tank, blow air through it if possible (air fitting on city water connection), AND get some RV antifreeze in it to keep any residual water from freezing.

Unscrew the water lines from the water tank, and then screw them onto the bypass fixture.

I installed a small plug on both the top and bottom connections of the water heater. I then used a couple white wire ties to secure the bypass hose to the water caps. This will prevent the bypass hose from flopping around.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Hi John,

May sound like a stupid question but as I noticed under your shower/closet pole entry you stated you use the shower, if not using your lp water heater what are you using for hot water for shower etc? I need to take mine out to repair flooring under it.

Thx, TerrieO

We haven't used the shower, we leave the poles in there to hang cloths

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto