SunRader Windows

88WIT

I'm hoping to look at an 18.5 ft SunRader this weekend, where the owner states both front plexiglass windows are cracked. He states he had a quote around three or four hundred dollars for a plastics shop to fabricate and install replacements. Is that possible, and accurate?

I've seen it noted in several ads where the sellers state these windows leak generally, and have even removed them and filled in the void. are they chronic leakers?

Steve R.

I'm hoping to look at an 18.5 ft SunRader this weekend, where the owner states both front plexiglass windows are cracked. He states he had a quote around three or four hundred dollars for a plastics shop to fabricate and install replacements. Is that possible, and accurate?

I've seen it noted in several ads where the sellers state these windows leak generally, and have even removed them and filled in the void. are they chronic leakers?

Steve R.

The gaskets at the bottom can leak. Mine did but I simply sealed them, no more problem. I know of two sources for windows. One is the original manufacturer now a different RV dealer. They kept the molds for the windows and make them up. The other is RV Doctor George. He has a stock of used windows. There are maybe 5 different sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a product called lexel, might have the spelling wrong. It comes in clear and white. My preference is not to use silicon based products. I sealed where the window fits into the gasket. At the corners the gasket sort of buckled out acting like a catch basin.

• 1 month later...

Not to be a pessimist, but the front windows on the sunraders are a really stupid design! That person was smart to just get rid of them and fill the void. I notice that newer raders actually don't have front windows? Guess the manufacturer woke up.

Maybe some ppl like to look out their windows when they're sleeping, but when I hit the bed.. I'm usually done for anyways. Lots of heat loss there... that's for sure.

I'm no expert that's for sure, but the 3 or 4 raders w/ windows I've seen (including mine) are all screwed up where the windows make the turn just as Greg describes.

One solution tho very radical... would be to actually cut out or shave the exterior rubber so that it was flush w/ the shell and fiberglass it right to the plexiglass.

The front windows are the last "exterior" fix that I haven't yet tackled. I just met someone who had a rock fly off a truck and shatter theirs... so I'm not sure I will be using this radical method of glassing.. for this reason.