Refridgerator Thermostat

Hello to All

Have a quick question for all you RV Guru's. The last time I shut down my reefer I tried to turn thermostat all the way off and I think the mechanism disconnected from the knob. I was wondering if I could slide out the reefer a few inches and access the termo from underneath and reconnect it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have the RV parked at an RV park so I can't get the exact model of reefer. I Know its the standard issue for a 91 National built RV. Mine is a Seabreeze ofcourse. Hope everyone is doing great and having smooth sailing.

Thanks,

Seabreezer

I was able to remove the front control panel when I fixed my igniter. (I have one of the clicker type igniter)

I seem to remember something wierd on how the thermostat knob connected, but I can't remember and I don't have any photos.

Take a look at this link where I repaired my igniter.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3499

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks John,

Appreciate the input. I think we both have the same type fridge, Dometic. I tried to take cover off today, but was pressed for time. It appeared I may have to remove fridge door to get front cover off. Thats when I thought it might be easier to just pull fridge out and work from underside.I just don't know if bottom has a cover or not. Anyhow I ran out of time and had to abandon project for time being. The picture of your cover appeared narrower than mine. Mine seems to encompass entire width of fridge. Thanks again!

Eddy AKA Seabreezer

Eddy;

Same deal on mine regarding the door. it needs to be taken off to completely remove the front cover (If I remember, I don't think you can get the door off without pulling the frig out????)

However, I was able to bend / twist the cover enough to get the knobs on/off. While you have it off, pull the telescope out and clean it, makes seeing the Pilot light a lot easier. (NOTE - The telescope goes through a cardboard tube. I didn't notice this until after a week or so, and found this small diameter cardboard tube laying in the bottom of the frig compartment. The heck with it, it seems to work OK without it so I never took it back apart to install the tube..

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 2 weeks later...

Got Er Done,

I finally got the fridge going today. Since I posted the topic, the linkage on my selector knob also broke. I was very lucky to find the plastic connectors at a local RV shop in Show Low, AZ. near where I live. The owner told me they are no longer available, but the sales gal found me some used ones in her office,she was awesome. I had to pull the fridge and turn it upside down. talk about a tight sqeeze! I had to remove all the hardware off the drawers and doors and also fridge door and top hinge plates. I still managed to mangle a little naugahide and floor vinyl. Once I got it over it was easy to work on. Lucky for me the stat and selector switch were still fine. I guess the old plastic connectors just both gave out about same time. WD40'd the mechanisms and they seem to be moving real nice. Thanks again John for your input and thanks to all of you who keep this great website up and running and always very interesting.

Eddy AKA Seabreezer