Some technology sucks!

This spring we took a trip to the Oregon and Northern Cal. coast and stayed in the campgrounds there. We usually go boondocking in the desert and so this was not our usual thing to do. There were a lot of tent campers and travel trailer folks in the campgrounds, which is just fine, except that some of them had to get things out of, or put things into there vehicles at all hours of the night. So what do they do? They have to either unlock the vehicle or lock it and every time they do it flashes the lights and honks the horn. What a pain. It seems they are totally unaware of the problem as so many people do it. The newest vehicle I own is a 1988 which doesn't have this feature so I am wondering if there is an option to temporarily disable the horn and lights and still let you remotely lock the vehicle. If so, I wish people would use it when they camp. So there's my vent! Ha!

This spring we took a trip to the Oregon and Northern Cal. coast and stayed in the campgrounds there. We usually go boondocking in the desert and so this was not our usual thing to do. There were a lot of tent campers and travel trailer folks in the campgrounds, which is just fine, except that some of them had to get things out of, or put things into there vehicles at all hours of the night. So what do they do? They have to either unlock the vehicle or lock it and every time they do it flashes the lights and honks the horn. What a pain. It seems they are totally unaware of the problem as so many people do it. The newest vehicle I own is a 1988 which doesn't have this feature so I am wondering if there is an option to temporarily disable the horn and lights and still let you remotely lock the vehicle. If so, I wish people would use it when they camp. So there's my vent! Ha!

A regular key works great and does not trip the lights and horn. My 2001 Mazda/Ford pickup will lock the doors and flash the lights and beep the horn if I use the remote. But if I lock the door before I close it it does not beep the horn. It also does not beep the horn when I unlock it with the remote. Our Saab though is a different story. It does beep for everything. And if you lock it with the remote you have to open it with the remote. Opening with the key after remote lock will set off the alarm.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...