Gasoline Long Box or Short Box?

MicroMiniWini81

Greetings. This is my first ever post to this MB and I'm so glad to be here. Recently acquired an '81 Toyota Micro Mini Motorhome and it needs fixed! Currently perusing www.car-part.com to locate a used fuel tank (ours has holes and leaks).

The search options are asking me if my tank is a gasoline short box or a gasoline long box. I don't even know what this is, or how to tell which is which by looking at mine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

these are based on pickup chassie there were long and short bed pu and the gas tanks are different size if you look at the drive line the long bed truck has a two pice driveline threejoints and a center bering the short bed had a one pice drive line one joint each end i think most if not all moter homes are based on the long bed pickup as yours is one of the smaller ones i dont think it would have some odd after market tank should be the tank for the long bed pu most of the long beds had a biger tank my 1978 minimax is based on the long bed and is an 18foot moter home i have had 3 toyota pickups

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I've also contacted a Toyota parts wholesaler who has notified me that the parts for my 81 toyota are no longer in production.. :(

Replacing this tank is tricky, aftermarket tanks for sale aren't even road legal (offroad use only). Do you have any other sources for finding parts?

Thank you! I've also contacted a Toyota parts wholesaler who has notified me that the parts for my 81 toyota are no longer in production.. :(

Replacing this tank is tricky, aftermarket tanks for sale aren't even road legal (offroad use only). Do you have any other sources for finding parts?

You might check this eBay seller. Near as I can tell, though, they have tanks for 1984 and later Toys - no indication that they will fit earlier models.

You might check this eBay seller. Near as I can tell, though, they have tanks for 1984 and later Toys - no indication that they will fit earlier models.

i have bought used gas tanks at wrecking yards for other cars if the leak is on top i had a shoup fix one once uused some kind of e poxy 1980 1981 may be 1982 are the most same probley have to take it of and match it up any good local yards there they will have conctions to more yards 1976 to 1978 the1979 is sort of by itself gerrys all forgen only auto wrecking in kittitas washington near i 90 should be on internet