Hi folks. New to the board. Is there different bolt patterns for the dually rims? I am looking for a spare rim and found a set of 4 that the wrecker guy says are off a Toy MH. They are 6 X 6 3/4", but I require 6 X 7 1/4 ". Did they put out 2 different bolt patterns? Thanks for any help. Ben

I am looking for a spare rim.

I found some at South Bountiful Auto in Bountiful, Utah - used and could use cleaning and paint, but I got one for my spare and used as is - worked great. 1-800-517-2489. I don't remember just what I paid for mine, but I do remember I complained and sweet-talked just a bit and got them to ship for free (to a business address). It was somewhere in the $80 range total. I got mine earlier this Spring (2011) and got the impression they had several. It's not a fast mover, so they probably still have some. Silver only - no white ones.

Welcome Ben,

I'd guess the wrecker is wrong, is it local so you can go and see them? I believe the rims for the 1 ton are all the same pattern.

Where are you from?

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

I am located in Southern Ontario, near London. The rims I looked at in London were identical. 14" X 5" rim size, with a 5 1/4" hub hole. They even had the same 3 three large holes around the edge of the rim. Good thing I measured the bolt pattern when I went there to buy them. Wrecker guy says he is sure they came off a Toy MH. I have since found 4 rims at a wrecker on Long Island, NY. I had them shipped to my cousin's place in Georgia and he will bring them up next time he comes this way (2-3 weeks). No customs issues. The wrecker guy in NY told me they were 7 1/4" bolt pattern. I sure hope he is correct. After I get my rims and confirm that they fit, I will check again next time I am in London about the others. If anyone else can measure their rims and let me know what they are, it would be nice to know if there is 2 different patterns.

Thanks

Ben

There is only one size for Toyota motorhomes with 6 lugs. That is 6 x 7 1/4. There were some Nissan motorhomes made though and their size is 6 x 6 1/2. . Won't fit a Toyota

LS

Hi Andrew,

I am located in Southern Ontario, near London. The rims I looked at in London were identical. 14" X 5" rim size, with a 5 1/4" hub hole. They even had the same 3 three large holes around the edge of the rim. Good thing I measured the bolt pattern when I went there to buy them. Wrecker guy says he is sure they came off a Toy MH. I have since found 4 rims at a wrecker on Long Island, NY. I had them shipped to my cousin's place in Georgia and he will bring them up next time he comes this way (2-3 weeks). No customs issues. The wrecker guy in NY told me they were 7 1/4" bolt pattern. I sure hope he is correct. After I get my rims and confirm that they fit, I will check again next time I am in London about the others. If anyone else can measure their rims and let me know what they are, it would be nice to know if there is 2 different patterns.

Thanks

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused. I'm looking for a rear rim for the 84 Sunrader 4x4 and my tire guy says it's a 6X5.5. It's the weird dually-like hybrid thingy. I'm about to replace the rear wheels with a rear dual wheel adapter kit if I can't find a replacement. Will any of the wheels you guys have found apply here?

Sunrader -

Take a photo and post it.

What size tire is currently on the rim.

Also, get your tape measure and measure the rim diameter, don't wiry about the tire bead. Also measure the space between two farthest lug holes ( not the space between two adjacent holes). AND, if you can, the diameter of the center hub hole

These three measurements will tell us what rim you have.

I am assuming that the rim you have is a 6 lug.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Those 15 inch fake duallies are going to be almost impossible to find. . The general opinion is your probably safer with single 16 inch rear wheels anyway. Single cause you can buy a wheel anywhere and 16 inch so you can buy e load tires that will carry the weight of your coach with no problem. The adapter to Toyota motorhome tires is going to give you 14 in tires in back and 15 in the front. Not good for 4x4ing.. Only other option is to get custom duallies made.

LS

I'm confused. I'm looking for a rear rim for the 84 Sunrader 4x4 and my tire guy says it's a 6X5.5. It's the weird dually-like hybrid thingy. I'm about to replace the rear wheels with a rear dual wheel adapter kit if I can't find a replacement. Will any of the wheels you guys have found apply here?

Those 15 inch fake duallies are going to be almost impossible to find. . The general opinion is your probably safer with single 16 inch rear wheels anyway. Single cause you can buy a wheel anywhere and 16 inch so you can buy e load tires that will carry the weight of your coach with no problem. The adapter to Toyota motorhome tires is going to give you 14 in tires in back and 15 in the front. Not good for 4x4ing.. Only other option is to get custom duallies made.

LS

Waiter, I'm not with the vehicle now, had to leave it and get home. Dealing with it via phone and email now.

LS, we are pursuing your suggestion of going with 16 inch singles but we are planning to replace all 4 (front too) so they will all be the same size. What tire would you recommend?

• 11 years later...

neither has any.

you do what you can. we appreciate you

Edited by extech
missed word