I have all 7 wheel stems from Toyota for the new tires, but would appreciate a trustworthy shop for the brake job, we have 86,000 on ouy 91 Dolphin. We are in San Francisco ,Calif and so far it seems not much familiarity with this Toyota dual rear end brakes. Any suggestions ???? Thanks Vanman...

Can't help with knowledgeable mechanics, but once you find one, have them check (possibly repack) the rear wheel bearings while they're in there. I don't believe there's a recommended maintenance schedule for them, but doing the rear brakes means you're almost there anyway. One of the 'while we're at its'.

I have all 7 wheel stems from Toyota for the new tires, but would appreciate a trustworthy shop for the brake job, we have 86,000 on ouy 91 Dolphin. We are in San Francisco ,Calif and so far it seems not much familiarity with this Toyota dual rear end brakes. Any suggestions ???? Thanks Vanman...

Try Giusto Service at 4249 Mission St., 94112. Phone # 415-586-2911.

Paul Giusto is the proprietor, but may be easing into retirement. He has a class A. They'll remember my Itasca.

They did mine when I couldn't get to it. I also bought tires.

Regards, neighbor.

SR

Paul Giusto is the proprietor, but may be easing into retirement. He has a class A. They'll remember my Itasca.

Regards, neighbor.

SR

Thanks, I'll go see them tomorrow. I ordered all the parts, including the seals from Toyota on Geary Blvd, but then one of them said "what about all the springs???" turns out there are 5 springs per drum and they are not sure about the availability of any of that, but are working on it. He gave me a printout of the parts page for the rear brakes which includes the Toyota numbers that may help me if ther'e no longer avaibable from Toyota. Whole lotta parts in there for a drum brake!! They seem knowleagable and caring with a very clean professional looking shop. I am getting an estimate from them for the labor, as I'm getting the parts anyway. Odd that they can't get any tires from their distributor, but will be happy to mount the RA08's if I supply them. Which tires did you put on yours?? Thanks, John & Mary

Can't help with knowledgeable mechanics, but once you find one, have them check (possibly repack) the rear wheel bearings while they're in there. I don't believe there's a recommended maintenance schedule for them, but doing the rear brakes means you're almost there anyway. One of the 'while we're at its'.

Roger that, wer'e gonna do all that and check for tail shaft play. Things I know about only because of this Board, thanks to all. We will be in site #65 at the American River Toy-In. John & Mary

The Toyota dealer called this morning and seems all the parts are here or in-route except some of the springs, but he will be able tp get them all. I know many of you have done rear brakes and I'm wondering what the other hardware inside yours looked like. My experience with springs is they fail close to new, or really old. My inital thinking was to just leave 'em alone and just replace shoes, cyclinders, but on the other hand if I do this right this will hopefully be the only time we have to do this, so I am inclined to replace everything except the bearings, unless they need it. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you John & Mary

Regards, neighbor.

SR

Paul sounds like a really nice guy but, like many places around here isn't interested in doing any more dual wheel brake jobs. He gave us a nice price on the tires thou, I hope to pick them up Monday and coat them with the tire protectorant I got at Camping World. The Toyota dealer on Geary gave us a price of $ 1295 for everything parts and labor, they promise to turn the rotors and drums only enough to true 'em up if necessary. John & Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Say 88WIT, does DPT tag RV's with the 72 hr notice like clockwork in your neighborhood like they suddenly started to do in mine??? Those 3 rows of glue on the tag only come off with solvent, sure glad it's on the glass. Vanman