help! seat doesn't go back far enough!

rubinscube

I'm sure it can be done, but IF I was going to go to the trouble of modifying the installation, I'd go the extra step and install some completely new seats. In fact, I have sitting in 'stock' a pair of leather seats from an Infiniti G20. I don't know how easy it'll be to adapt them, but I'll be looking at it in the Spring. Something like this:-

P1020877.jpg

P1020852.jpg

BTW, does anyone recognize these seats? They've a rather distinctive headrest.

Seats are not just bolted to the floor via some drilled holes. Those mount points are reinforced so that the seat does not rip loose in a collision. Don't under estimate the G-Forces involved in a wreck. If I remember correctly the seats sit on a rail which is bolted to the floor. I would build a second rail that bolts to the original mount points and the seat assembly bolts to the new rail. That way you could reposition the seat further back using the factory mount points.

thanks for the advice :ThumbUp:

Seats are not just bolted to the floor via some drilled holes. Those mount points are reinforced so that the seat does not rip loose in a collision. Don't under estimate the G-Forces involved in a wreck. If I remember correctly the seats sit on a rail which is bolted to the floor. I would build a second rail that bolts to the original mount points and the seat assembly bolts to the new rail. That way you could reposition the seat further back using the factory mount points.

I'm sure it can be done, but IF I was going to go to the trouble of modifying the installation, I'd go the extra step and install some completely new seats. In fact, I have sitting in 'stock' a pair of leather seats from an Infiniti G20. I don't know how easy it'll be to adapt them, but I'll be looking at it in the Spring. Something like this:-

P1020877.jpg

P1020852.jpg

BTW, does anyone recognize these seats? They've a rather distinctive headrest.

Pretty sure those are Saab seats based on the shape of the headrest.

Get used to numb legs.

My 86 sunrader has the same issue. I have the seat as far back as it will go and sure wish i had a few more inches of travel. The problem is not the seat mounts. The problem is you run into the back wall of the cab. Your huntsman's cab is likely to be even smaller than my sunrader as it is an 81.

If more leg room is that important, i would fix it up as best you can, sell it this spring and look for a newer V-6 model. The V-6 had a new cab design which is much more spacious than the earlier 4 bangers.