Hi!

My '92 Warrior has never had a spare tire and I am in the process of setting it up with one. I have been searching for a used wheel to no avail, so have now been looking for new. My Toyota dealer can get a factory wheel for $169 and I have found an after market wheel for $90.94 (shipping included). Has anybody here bought the wheel from wheels-and-rims.com? Any complaints? Better yet, does anybody have a source for (or have an extra they want to sell) an OEM used wheel?

And, while I'm on the subject, I haven't yet decided how I'm going to carry the spare. Winnebago used the original under-chassis crank system, but my rig doesn't have that and I don't like it anyway. My brother's SeaBreeze has the spare just mounted to the back wall of the coach, which seems to work real well, but I am concerned about having sufficient strength in the wall to support it and a little worried about drilling into a water pipe or something. I am considering using a bumper mount, even though I know those flimsy "bumpers" really aren't good for anything except storing the slinky. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I don't see any available in Idaho, but you can check these out ($25 and up):-

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=All+States&userIMS=&userInterchange=CF%3F%3F%3EO&userSide=&userDate=1992&userDate2=1992&dbModel=73.28.1.1&userModel=Toyota%20Truck%20%28except%20T100%20%26%20Tundra%29&dbPart=560.1&userPart=Wheel%20%28display%20w%2Fo%20image%29&sessionID=200000000000000000294379896&userPreference=price&userZip=12901&userLat=44.737&userLong=-73.4626&userIntSelect=1013568&userUID=0&userBroker=&iKey=&userPage=1

Go back and change your 'Location' to see which is nearest to you. You might also do a search for a 1-Ton rear axle, in case the yard didn't bother to mention that they have the wheels too.

If you went to a bumper mount and were worried about the strength, you could always add a discrete piece of angle across the width to handle the vertical load and perhaps (if needed) a brace to the rear wall for the fore and aft loads.

If you decide to mount it to the rear wall, you could always drill a pilot hole from inside (to avoid pipes, etc) and add something inside to spread the load across the wall. None of the walls are strong (even the SeaBreeze), so be sure to through-bolt it. And if there's any water damage in the wall, all bets are off. Ask me how I know.

I don't see any available in Idaho, but you can check these out ($25 and up):-

http://car-part.com/...Key=&userPage=1

Thank you! I'm still looking, but I have e-mailed a number of places. The best price I have so far is $71.43 including shipping for a used wheel.

I am seriously considering a back wall mount but, as you suggest, I would probably but a chunk of 3/8" or thereabouts plywood on the inside. If I can do that in a way that is not unsightly, that may be the best solution. When I start doing instead of talking, I'll let y'all know what I decided.

5toyota what about Les schwab i know they are in Idaho

I've done a lot of business with Les Schwab over the years and generally like their service. I haven't talked to them about the wheel because I seriously doubt they can get me a wheel for this rig and I expect they would want more than I am willing to pay if they can get it. However, it would probably be wise to actually ask them rather than making assumptions... I'll give them a call.