26 & 30 Gallon Vintage Tanks

Diesel_Aggie

There still is a company that makes the 26 gallon tank for toyota trucks but they don't like to sell them to RV's cause they think there is too much twisting or stress and they don't want to be responsible. Yeah right one of these Rv's which are usually driven like little old ladies cause we are trying to keep the mileage down is going to take more stress than on off roader. Yes a few more gallons would be a great asset to have when your going the back roads or Alaska. I still think the T100 pre 95 tanks would fit. Like this one. 25 gallons is just right

LS

5L35F45M23G13Me3J2c4882a365996380183b.jpg

whats all the fuss? do you really want to have to pay to fill up a 28 gallon tank!?? LOL, kidding everyone- my 21 ft Sunrader has the large tank and it looks quite simple, a very basic sheet metal design.

if it werent for the liability I could produce/copy my existing tank but we live in a litigious society and the first accident where one would leak would be the end of my fabricating career. maybe have a waiver signed when purchasing it?!

Well I don't know for sure but it's very likely it would fit the longer ones with the 137 inch wheel base. Was used with the same 3.0 v6 so everything else should be a match. Just wondering how low it would be underneath the rig.

Linda S

I didnt know a T100 would bolt up. a great option for sure

Well I don't know for sure but it's very likely it would fit the longer ones with the 137 inch wheel base. Was used with the same 3.0 v6 so everything else should be a match. Just wondering how low it would be underneath the rig.

Linda S

I can pick one up and look at it (my tow yard does alot of business with local "junkyards" pick your part etc) and if anyone is interested I will have it for sale after I check it out and see what is involved. I have a customer with an18 ft Sunrader that I can look at its gas tank and mounting locations to see what would be needed to fit it. that would be in late june/ early july before I can look at the 18ftr though, until then I can scour the St.louis area for a 95 and back T100 tank

If you get the tank get me the measurements and I can compare to my 18 footer. Don't know if it will fit the shorty cause it only has 112 inch wheelbase. Has to be a tank from older t100 so the fill tube is on the passenger side.

Linda

I can pick one up and look at it (my tow yard does alot of business with local "junkyards" pick your part etc) and if anyone is interested I will have it for sale after I check it out and see what is involved. I have a customer with an18 ft Sunrader that I can look at its gas tank and mounting locations to see what would be needed to fit it. that would be in late june/ early july before I can look at the 18ftr though, until then I can scour the St.louis area for a 95 and back T100 tank

If you get the tank get me the measurements and I can compare to my 18 footer. Don't know if it will fit the shorty cause it only has 112 inch wheelbase. Has to be a tank from older t100 so the fill tube is on the passenger side.

Linda

yeah I know(out of a 3vz T100 not a 5vz) but thanks Linda.

• 11 months later...

Not that I know of. best bet is to probably measure yours and any extra space and then find one at a salvage yard and measure that. I would like to know too . No after market tanks that I can find. Salvage or new is about the only option and new is very expensive. 500 bucks at toyota parts zone

Linda S

Just read through this whole thread, Did anyone end up getting the t100 tank and trying it? If I knew it was a direct fit I would buy one tomorrow!

The extra capacity of a 24 gallon T100 tank would require an extra cubic foot of space (in the right places). With the stock Toyota pickup gas tank size - every half inch of depth adds 1 gallon of capacity. So a 24 gallon T100 tank would be 3.5" deeper if the length and width is the same (as compared to a stock 17 gallon tank).

Seems a tape measure will answer the size question. I don't know what the options are to install a fuel pump into an EFI tank to work with a carbed engine. 40-50 PSI isn't going to work with a carb. I assume either a low pressure pump would have to be somehow retrofitted into the tank or maybe a step-down pressure regulator?