New 93 Dolphin owner

bfardell

Just bought a 93 Dolphin and I think I've figured everything out except for the hot water system. How do I fill the hot water tank? I'm either getting all cold water in both faucets or just water out of the cold when I close the bypass valve. My hot water heater is heating up but I'm afraid perhaps I 've not filled the tank? Or perhaps I've missed the valve that I'm supposed to open in order to get hot water? I sure don't want cold showers so any help would sure be appreciated. I'll be taking my parents both in their mid 80's on our first trip soon and it would be great to have all systems working.

Greetings bfardell.

I'm reasonably sure if you turn on a hot water faucet and water comes out, your water heater tank is full. Like all fresh water plumbing, the intake line of your water heater fills the tank with cold water, when you have water pressure ofcourse. When you open the hot water faucet it comes from the outlet on the water heater. Make sure you have water flow on the hot side before you turn on the water heater.

If you have water pressure on your hot faucet valves and the water heater is on and you still have no hot water. Turn off water heater immediately and call a qualified plumber

Note: Give your water heater around 20 minutes to start warming up the water.

Best of luck,

seabreezer