Craigslist scam 1987 sunrader

Leah

Here is what the ad says- it is listed on several CA craigslist sites---

1987 TOYOTA SUNRADER CLASSIC MOTORHOME - $2700 (humboldt)

Date: 2010-08-24, 7:05AM PDT

Reply to: see below

This is a "Rare" 1987 Toyota Sunrader Classic motorhome, (they stopped making them in 1991) which is in excellent condition and has only 80K, CarFax Certified, well-maintained miles on its long lasting Toyota engine. Toyota's have long been known for their dependability and longevity, and many owners claim their Toyota's have reached 300k+'s miles! Sunrader Classics, manufacturer of quality motorhomes, recognized the need of people who wanted to experience "RVing" without buying a bus sized vehicle, yet with the comfort of a fully self-contained motorhome. The Sunrader, measuring 21' feet, is large enough for comfort yet will fit nicely into a standard parking spot. The Sunrader is perfect for a day at the beach, a weekend at the campground or touring the USA, Canada and Mexico from east to west! Along the line of Toyota RV's, the Sunrader is considered to be the top of the line in luxury motorhomes due to the superior construction, quality and versatility. Don't be fooled by appearances, not all motorhomes were created equal. The Sunrader has a patented all fiberglass molded shell body with strong aluminum and steel framing underneath which is unlike any other Toyota motorhome. This makes for a lighter load and no roof or corner seams to leak, so common in other motorhomes. If you have any questions just send me an email : her.carla@yahoo.com

When i replied to the ad which sounded too good to be true, here is what the seller wrote me:

Hello Leah,

Thank you for your interest in buying our RV. I'm selling it for $2,700. I wanted to keep the RV but me and my husband left the city for a better job in L.A., so we decided to sell it. The RV is in showroom condition, no mechanical problems, never involved in any type of accident and the mileage is 80,602.It has a clear title and it will come with a new set of tires.We will use eBay Vehicle Purchase protection to secure this transaction.

Here is a link with the pictures:

http://img201.images...id=76566870.jpg

If you are interested please email me back or you can call my husband Mike at : 402-557-0226.

and then her next email:

carla.p.herron@comcast.net

Hi Leah,

Thanks for replying.Because of our jobs we don`t have time to stay and meet with all our potential buyers,so we've decided to sell it online.That's why we gave it to a shipping co. that will ship it to the next owner(on my cost).You will have 5 days from the time you receive the RV to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. If by any reason, you aren't satisfied, you will return the RV to the shipping co. with no expense.We will be using eBay's Protection for our safety.

Please reply with your complete name and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction at eBay and to move forward with this deal.After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).

P.S.I forgot to tell that the RV will be shipped from Omaha NE.

Total scam! I am flagging it on craigslist right now

~ Leah

Here is what the ad says- it is listed on several CA craigslist sites---

1987 TOYOTA SUNRADER CLASSIC MOTORHOME - $2700 (humboldt)

Date: 2010-08-24, 7:05AM PDT

Reply to: see below

This is a "Rare" 1987 Toyota Sunrader Classic motorhome, (they stopped making them in 1991) which is in excellent condition and has only 80K, CarFax Certified, well-maintained miles on its long lasting Toyota engine. Toyota's have long been known for their dependability and longevity, and many owners claim their Toyota's have reached 300k+'s miles! Sunrader Classics, manufacturer of quality motorhomes, recognized the need of people who wanted to experience "RVing" without buying a bus sized vehicle, yet with the comfort of a fully self-contained motorhome. The Sunrader, measuring 21' feet, is large enough for comfort yet will fit nicely into a standard parking spot. The Sunrader is perfect for a day at the beach, a weekend at the campground or touring the USA, Canada and Mexico from east to west! Along the line of Toyota RV's, the Sunrader is considered to be the top of the line in luxury motorhomes due to the superior construction, quality and versatility. Don't be fooled by appearances, not all motorhomes were created equal. The Sunrader has a patented all fiberglass molded shell body with strong aluminum and steel framing underneath which is unlike any other Toyota motorhome. This makes for a lighter load and no roof or corner seams to leak, so common in other motorhomes. If you have any questions just send me an email : her.carla@yahoo.com

When i replied to the ad which sounded too good to be true, here is what the seller wrote me:

Hello Leah,

Thank you for your interest in buying our RV. I'm selling it for $2,700. I wanted to keep the RV but me and my husband left the city for a better job in L.A., so we decided to sell it. The RV is in showroom condition, no mechanical problems, never involved in any type of accident and the mileage is 80,602.It has a clear title and it will come with a new set of tires.We will use eBay Vehicle Purchase protection to secure this transaction.

Here is a link with the pictures:

http://img201.images...id=76566870.jpg

If you are interested please email me back or you can call my husband Mike at : 402-557-0226.

and then her next email:

carla.p.herron@comcast.net

Hi Leah,

Thanks for replying.Because of our jobs we don`t have time to stay and meet with all our potential buyers,so we've decided to sell it online.That's why we gave it to a shipping co. that will ship it to the next owner(on my cost).You will have 5 days from the time you receive the RV to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. If by any reason, you aren't satisfied, you will return the RV to the shipping co. with no expense.We will be using eBay's Protection for our safety.

Please reply with your complete name and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction at eBay and to move forward with this deal.After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).

P.S.I forgot to tell that the RV will be shipped from Omaha NE.

Total scam! I am flagging it on craigslist right now

~ Leah

Go ahead and tell them to ship it and if you like it you'll send them a check! If you don't you'll send it back seems fair enough.

I saw that scam recently and I called the number and noone answered. When I looked up the Ebay protection plan it came up with scam. I was really disappointed but it was to good to be true so I kinda figured it was a scam because I saw the same pictures three weeks prior for the price of $10,000.

It definitely is the scam scenario. I just left Humbolt, darn. eBay will not handle buyer protection unless its being sold on eBay. The same scam is done with cars, trucks, boats and much more. Craigslist is unable or unwilling to do anything about it. Its so big that I am surprised law enforcement also seams to do noting.

CL is free (for the most part) and huge and operate with minimal staff. That's why they let (and count on) users flagging scams.

"In 2009, Craigslist operated with a staff of 28 people."[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigslist#cite_note-2]

"... over eighty million new classified advertisements each month, ..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigslist

Ya gets what ya pays for!