Redoing 1986 Conquest bathroom

kim

The shower is so tiny in our Conquest. In the fall we were thinking about reconfiguring and make the shower bigger and put the toilet in the shower. Has anyone ever done this? Also, has anyone replaced the wall panels in their bathrooms? Is it just wallpaper, or do you buy panels that are covered in the wallpaper? Any ideas?sad.gif

I've been considering the same thing. Mainly because I'm sick of hitting my knees and sitting crooked while on the thrown. Planned on taking a look below to asses the cost and labor. Let me know if you attack yours prior to me attacking mine. I've wanted to do this for quite some time.

I saw some thin plastic/fiberglass panels at one of the big box hardware stores maybe that would work for your revamp.

I think if you want to follow that route, you've got to figure out first what you'd do to make the shower pan bigger and then how you'd effectively mount the toilet in/on the shower pan.

Not being familiar with the Conquest, what is the layout? Is it a rear bath like a Dolphin/Warrior?

Personally, rather than installing the toilet in the shower, I think I'd look into doing away with the sink in the bathroom and gaining floorspace that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem number one is incorporating the toilet into the shower pan. The toilet dumps directly into the black water tank. So if you move the toilet you have to move the tank or get a new tank and re-plumb the plumbing. Since its a fairly large diameter pipe coming off the toilet its not feasible to use elbows etc to connect to the tank. I suppose you could rip out the sink but you probably have water lines in the cabinet going to the shower.

The shower liners are basically 1/4 inch Luann plywood with a vinyl type wallpaper. I guess they used water proof glue.

I pulled my shower pan out when we bought our conquest as there had been a rodent infestation.

Our plan is at some point replace the wallpaper. or the Luann with a FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) type material. The only frp we have found so far (locally) is a dimple pattern and we would prefer a tile pattern. http://www.marlite.com/designer-wall-systems/symmetrix-frp-wall-panels.aspx

http://www.marlite.com/designer-wall-systems/artizan-frp-wall-panels.aspx

• 2 months later...

[

On my 85 Escaper has the shower going into the black water tank I don't like this because when it fills up it backs up into the shower pan. Does any one have a solution for this?

• 1 year later...

Our bathroom is a rear bath. We decided to gut it. My husband took out the sink and is recessing it 6 in in the closet. We want to use FRP on all walls. Can it be glued directly to the rigid foam. Also, we would like to scoot toilet over feom showe. Will we have to drop the tank and move it over too, or can we seal that hole in tank and cut a new one and put in new flange?