Awning Parts

Ok, so I've been trawling and crawling the web for a new worm gear for the old awning on the side of the Sunrader. The awning is in fine shape, just needs a bit of tape to fix a small rip on one corner. Aside from that, everything works just fine. The problem is the crank gear. The housing has split and the gears no longer engage.

I'd rather not spend a thousand bucks on a new awning if I can find this assembly -- or even something close that i can adapt. Any good ideas on where to look?

post-3411-12731154154068_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I had a gear housing break on something (I can't remember what) and I disassembled the unit, and repaired it with JB Weld. I had to do some cleanup with a file and die grinder but when I reassembled it, it worked.

Can't do this very easy cause their web site doesn't allow me to but go to www.pplmotorhomes.com and go to their online parts catalog. Awnings, carefree, freedom ll, exploded view, show diagram above parts list. then you can see part number 12. Looks like yours. Click on the number, not the part and it's 52 bucks. Sorry direct links to the part don't work

LS

Ok, so I've been trawling and crawling the web for a new worm gear for the old awning on the side of the Sunrader. The awning is in fine shape, just needs a bit of tape to fix a small rip on one corner. Aside from that, everything works just fine. The problem is the crank gear. The housing has split and the gears no longer engage.

I'd rather not spend a thousand bucks on a new awning if I can find this assembly -- or even something close that i can adapt. Any good ideas on where to look?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have a Carefree Freedom awning manual with parts #s, if they are still in business the phone # listed on it is (303) 469-3324, if the part you need is the Gear Assembly (part #P in blowup diagram) parts #'s are for 8'-12'awning part # 060262-001, for 14'-19.5' awning is part #060264-001. If you want to email me your adress I'll mail you a copy of this manual, my scanners on the fritz so I can't upload it.

Hope helps! TerrieO