I finally found a motor home cover that actually works and does not fall apart in a couple of years and it only cost me about $40,000! Granted there is a lot of other stuff in there too but it was the best cover I could find any where for my Toyotas.

post-669-12707415414991_thumb.jpg

I finally found a motor home cover that actually works and does not fall apart in a couple of years and it only cost me about $40,000! Granted there is a lot of other stuff in there too but it was the best cover I could find any where for my Toyotas.

post-669-12707415414991_thumb.jpg

Nice! I've yet to begin construction of mine. Unfortunately, mine won't be as big as yours. Municipal regulations will limit floor space to 1200 sq ft and a height (average roof height) of 7.5m (24.6'). But I've had to revise the design in my mind to increase door height to accomodate a Toyota MH.

Nice! I've yet to begin construction of mine. Unfortunately, mine won't be as big as yours. Municipal regulations will limit floor space to 1200 sq ft and a height (average roof height) of 7.5m (24.6'). But I've had to revise the design in my mind to increase door height to accomodate a Toyota MH.

Yeah zoning sucks I am in the middle of 80 acres in western Maine so that was not an issue there is a VW TDI a Kubota tractor a Skandic snow mobile and a bunch of farm stuff behind the other cars. It's 1296 sq feet (36X36)and the peak is 28' so it not far off of your max figures. The trusses are 14' from the floor so by changing the roof pitch you should be able to have the height you need. I don't think the pitch needed to be 8/12 but the snow load called for it so far only 4" will stay on the roof before it unloads any way. The MH door is 10X12.

Yeah zoning sucks I am in the middle of 80 acres in western Maine so that was not an issue there is a VW TDI a Kubota tractor a Skandic snow mobile and a bunch of farm stuff behind the other cars. It's 1296 sq feet (36X36)and the peak is 28' so it not far off of your max figures. The trusses are 14' from the floor so by changing the roof pitch you should be able to have the height you need. I don't think the pitch needed to be 8/12 but the snow load called for it so far only 4" will stay on the roof before it unloads any way. The MH door is 10X12.

Well, after going to all the trouble of gettin the complete regulations from them (took a year) I now feel armed for battle! If they want me to play their game, tell me the rules! In order to maximize interior room, I'm planning to use a 'Mansard Roof' and hope they let me count the sides as the roof in their measurement/calculation! That would give me 12'to thejoists and some useful storage area above. I want to use a steel roof so that thesnow will slide right off. And hopefully they won't remember the little line in the rules that say the garage can't be higher than the house. If they do, I'm $crewed!

• 1 month later...

A Toyo barn! I do seem to have a few Toyota's in there maybe I'm better at razing Toyota's then cows. You guys on the left coast can get away with tarps our first wet snow in Nov./Dec. and it would be flat!

A Toyo barn! I do seem to have a few Toyota's in there maybe I'm better at razing Toyota's then cows. You guys on the left coast can get away with tarps our first wet snow in Nov./Dec. and it would be flat!

Some parts of the Sierra Nevada got over 18 feet this year. We owned some property where the houses in the area had an entry door on the second story. The snow is still there. On the coast (Santa Cruz Mountains) at the higher elevations above us (us 750 ft higher 1800-2200 ft) there were snow falls as much as a foot. And its usually wet snow. Boulder Creek where I am parked is presently at 55+ inches of rain this year. In 89-90 it was 124 inches. Every once in awhile we will get snow and the trees crack and fall. It rains so hard at times that mud gets splattered all the way to the top of the RV even under the tarp and pole cover. And my driveway is dirt and gravel. I dream of a huge garage and concrete slab floor.

Wow that's a lot of wet! We had 18" in Apr. and have had as much as 6' for the year but all most 12' hope you live at the top of the hill! Winter 07/08 we got 158" of snow norther Maine got 200 +. Mt Washington right out my window still has snow they just stopped skiing up there two weeks ago. Tuckermans ravine usually ends up with an excess of 50 feet of snow because the winds are so strong it blows right over the top into the ravine. You can not believe how nice having the MH inside is it stays clean no rodents power to charge batteries great guest house (provided it's not 10 below)highly recommended.

You can not believe how nice having the MH inside is it stays clean no rodents power to charge batteries great guest house (provided it's not 10 below)highly recommended.

I can only imagine. I washed the winter mud off the rv just before the Big Sur Rally, but then had to have my appendix taken out the week before the rally so we had to cancel and it has rained since and mud again is splattered up the sides. Were going to Olema ranch in Point Reys at the end of June. I'll have to get out the hose and scrubber. Did I mention this mud does not hose off. I am thinking of fabricating some tarps that hang down the sides.

• 3 weeks later...

I can only imagine. I washed the winter mud off the rv just before the Big Sur Rally, but then had to have my appendix taken out the week before the rally so we had to cancel and it has rained since and mud again is splattered up the sides. Were going to Olema ranch in Point Reys at the end of June. I'll have to get out the hose and scrubber. Did I mention this mud does not hose off. I am thinking of fabricating some tarps that hang down the sides.

Greg,

When I was rebuilding my VW Beetle, I didn't have a garage so I made one sorta. I bought the 10' x 20' portable garage at a yard sale for $100. Costco had them for about $180. I made a floor out of 2x4's and 1/2" plywood (wouldn't be needed for a Toy). It worked great and held up several years even with 2 feet of snow. I rolled up the sides in Summer. I welded and painted inside of the thing. The cheap route would be getting one of these and adding to the existing sides when you increased the pole height. The more expensive route would be buying one made for motorhomes. But they do keep the grime off in rain, etc.

Allen

post-481-12767096349941_thumb.jpgpost-481-12767096556903_thumb.jpg

Greg,

When I was rebuilding my VW Beetle, I didn't have a garage so I made one sorta. I bought the 10' x 20' portable garage at a yard sale for $100. Costco had them for about $180. I made a floor out of 2x4's and 1/2" plywood (wouldn't be needed for a Toy). It worked great and held up several years even with 2 feet of snow. I rolled up the sides in Summer. I welded and painted inside of the thing. The cheap route would be getting one of these and adding to the existing sides when you increased the pole height. The more expensive route would be buying one made for motorhomes. But they do keep the grime off in rain, etc.

Allen

post-481-12767096349941_thumb.jpgpost-481-12767096556903_thumb.jpg

That looks good! The tarp on The pole carport I have does not make it to and over the edges, there's a gap. I may have to do some modifications and tarp changes to be able to get sides. I all ready have it 2 foot higher in order to get the MH under it and its really just a bit short on the ends.

I want to put on a new roof on the MH this year or next. My driveways are under Oaks and Redwoods that continually drop junk every minute of the day as both always have foliage. To do the roof one first has to lay down some glue then the rubber membrane. My pole carport is not high enough to work under on the roof. I may have to take down the pole carport and string up a big tarp high enough to work under.