400 watt inverter on sale $19.99

newegg.com has a modified sine wave inverter on sale for 19.99 it's 800 watt peak 400 watt continuous. Biggest complaint was the fan is noisey.

Why? If it's for your MH get at least a 1,000 watt. You can get a decent one on sale for $80. That way you can power a microwave oven. I run my 1,000 watt for my microwave without the engine on no problem.

newegg.com has a modified sine wave inverter on sale for 19.99 it's 800 watt peak 400 watt continuous. Biggest complaint was the fan is noisey.

I have a 400 watt and it is great for tv and small appliances .I have had the big inverters also and they are fine if you don't have a generator.They do pull the batteries down when you use them on a mirowave or a heavy load.

Good luck..........jj

• 1 month later...

Why? If it's for your MH get at least a 1,000 watt. You can get a decent one on sale for $80. That way you can power a microwave oven. I run my 1,000 watt for my microwave without the engine on no problem.

Where can I get a good one for a good price?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I get a good one for a good price?

Thanks

I bought my 1,000 watt at Costco but you got to catch when they have them. I think it was $80. I just bought a 2,000 watt steady/4,000 watt surge at Harbor Freight for $130 on sale for when I add a second coach battery. I'd wait for a sale.

I bought my 1,000 watt at Costco but you got to catch when they have them. I think it was $80. I just bought a 2,000 watt steady/4,000 watt surge at Harbor Freight for $130 on sale for when I add a second coach battery. I'd wait for a sale.

Many thanks for the info. I will watch out on Costco then.

By the way, if I only have one group 24 house battery, would it be better to use the start battery for inverter use?

Many thanks for the info. I will watch out on Costco then.

By the way, if I only have one group 24 house battery, would it be better to use the start battery for inverter use?

Hi I got a Aims 2500 Watt inverter from Invertersrus.com for 229.00 runs everything in my rv ac microwave ect and use two yellow top optima batterys

hope this helps

Hi I got a Aims 2500 Watt inverter from Invertersrus.com for 229.00 runs everything in my rv ac microwave ect and use two yellow top optima batterys

hope this helps

Hi thanks for the info. Do you use two yellow top optimas as house battery?

I am wondering because the battery compartment can only take in one group 24 deep cycle battery.

Another thought: Can 2 batteries be placed parallel under the hood as start battey and wire them to the inverter?

Hi thanks for the info. Do you use two yellow top optimas as house battery?

I am wondering because the battery compartment can only take in one group 24 deep cycle battery.

Another thought: Can 2 batteries be placed parallel under the hood as start battey and wire them to the inverter?

Hi yes i do use the two optima batterys as house batterys i changed the alternator to a 120 amp gm cs-144 with a three battery isolator to charge all the batterys there isnt room under the hood for two batterys so i made a battery box with a vent to houses the batterys. heres a link for the alternator www.alternatorparts.com/toyota_highoutput_alternators.htm

Hi yes i do use the two optima batterys as house batterys i changed the alternator to a 120 amp gm cs-144 with a three battery isolator to charge all the batterys there isnt room under the hood for two batterys so i made a battery box with a vent to houses the batterys. heres a link for the alternator www.alternatorparts.com/toyota_highoutput_alternators.htm

Would be most appreciated if you could illustrate your setup (with photos and description if possible), thanks!

I have no idea where to put the extra house battery (The house battery space only holds one group 24 battery).

Again, many thanks!

I also thought that the blue tops optimas are deep cycle batteries, and the yellow tops are for starting purpose?

• 1 month later...

is 120 amps pretty much it for alternators that can be bolted to the 22RE? the reason i ask is i've always thought it would be pretty cool (no pun intended) to be able to run the house AC while rolling down the road. A 2500 watt inverter should handle the job. The 120A alt along with a few good deep cells would probably suffice if the AC ran 50-70% of the time. If the alternator was up around 160A it might handle it all the time. as for places to mount batteries, I have my spare mounted on the rear bumper which opens up a huge space underneath where the tire usually lives. You could probably hang a few batteries there.