What's your rig and where's it at?

desertrat

I've been holding out on this post, as it seems obvious and probably a repeat, but on the four wheel camper forum i look at (my other motorhome) we did this to make people aware of similar campers in their area.

So I thought it might be interesting to have people post a photo of their Toyota rv and what town/city/area they live in. I see a number of these rigs around here and am always curious they are like (the owners and the rv's)

I live in Aptos, CA on the California central coast. I have a 1988 Horizon.

post-2897-12519942604167_thumb.jpg

Edited by desertrat

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 Itasca Sprint. Summers in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont......the rest of the year varies.

Edited by vtchris

We live in Grand Haven Michigan. Just bought a 1984 Dolphin, our first motorhome and are leaving tomorrow for a Labor Day Weekend canoe trip with it. So pumped!!! :hyper:

post-3140-12520338403504_thumb.jpg

81 Sunrader - occasionally seen cruising the streets of Tecumseh, Shawnee, Norman and OKC, Oklahoma (big outa state plans for next year tho).

My 1991 V6 shorty (18 foot) Sunrader can be found either in the garage or in the woods

post-794-12520941283549_thumb.jpg

post-794-12520941635024_thumb.jpg

Ours is an 83/84 Sunrader, First night's camp on our way south last fall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/3229122786_900aae07d7_b.jpg

Fall colors as we went south last fall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3309/3228159179_515c22b6c4_b.jpg

this is a shop of us at a surfer spot south of Puerto Vallarta.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3705124353_90bd5824eb_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/3261884618_5a1900b82b_b.jpg

right now we are getting it ready to tow south behind our bus, we will use it as our car and mother in law suite for the winter.

We live full time in our MCI bus and use the Toyota for short trips, kind of our summer cottage. Last winter we lived in the Toyota full time for the winter, and did 10,000 miles towing that little trailer (1,000#) all through Mexico.

We spend our summers around the Okanagan BC and our winters any where warm.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3697861617_2b44a3fb16_b.jpg

On a ferry in the Kootenays BC this summer

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/3692260043_b00d5ba8fe_b.jpg

By a river in the mountains.

Mine is a "87" Nova Star made by New Horizon it lives at 43'58.00n 70'52.805w (hint southwestern Maine near N.H. border).

post-669-12521876142701_thumb.jpg

Howdy,

Ours is a '91 Itasca/Winnebago Spirit 21'. We bought it two months ago and have logged 6K miles and a full month of sleepiing in it. We are based in Chelan, WA.

I hope to hear from you if you are in our area (North Central Washington State).

May your flush valves work smoothly and your transmission look forward to the next mountain pass.

Dave Oglevie

Chelan, WA

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 1990 Dolphin V6 Automatic. Totally rebuilt the rear structure since purchase in June. Now ready for the road with a new interior including ventilated power seats from a Saab. Based in Marietta (near Atlanta) Georgia.

post-2825-12534776786488_thumb.jpg

This is our 89 Dolphin !!

It lives in South Surrey, BC. Canada.

We have owned it for 3 years now and have enjoyed it ever since we picked it up.

We are looking froward to many family trips to come :)

100_2944.jpg

The SkiBumMobile waits for the next ski trip in central California (Turlock). It Really enjoys storm weeks at Kirkwood, and has done several trips to western Washington to see the grandkids.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1986 Sunrader 4x4 in Ft. Worth, Tx. I used it to go offroad motorcycle racing, but I'm retiring from racing so I might sell it , if someone offers me a lot for it. I put 80,000 on it in the last 8 years(163,000 total)post-3074-1255313229097_thumb.jpgpost-3074-12553133071532_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

post-1272-12567919174999_thumb.jpg

This is our 1987 Sunrader, we have had it for about two years now. We live in Eastern Washington and have driven it to San Jose California, Mt. Shasta, Central Oregon, Eastern Oregon, and the Washington coast (Long Beach) and we love it. At first we bought it for the dogs, and our cousin once called it the giant dog crate. But my wife "Soozie Bee" officially named it "The Bee Hive"and I like that name much better.

This is not the best picture of the RV but it is the best location to take a picture, and the backround got the priority.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Homosassa Florida for the winter months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Love this site... MY girlfriend and I just purchased our first toyota camper ive alwayse driven toyota pick ups so this was a no brainer for us and we love it so far. It is a 1986 21 foot dolphin,300 series not sure,has door in back passengers side.we live in southern New Hampshire, we have alot of tech questions we cant seem to find answers for.The latest being wether or not we need to have truck tires for our dually is has regular tires right now or ger 6 ply or more tires??? please help

Hey everyone! Love this site... MY girlfriend and I just purchased our first toyota camper ive alwayse driven toyota pick ups so this was a no brainer for us and we love it so far. It is a 1986 21 foot dolphin,300 series not sure,has door in back passengers side.we live in southern New Hampshire, we have alot of tech questions we cant seem to find answers for.The latest being wether or not we need to have truck tires for our dually is has regular tires right now or ger 6 ply or more tires??? please help

Yes you need truck tires they should be rated "D" all 6. Your little MH weights around 3 tons.

• 3 weeks later...

1992 Winnebago Warrior DL

Mobile Alabama

I sold my VW Westy on Sunday and found the Warrior on Tuesday! It is in great shape and has 47,000 miles on it. Has all original paper work including the Winnebago cassette that came with it. Thanks to everybody here for their help.

Edited by wickerman

Hi. I'm Tudy from Waseca, Minnesota. My Toy is an 84 Dolphin, 4cyl, 4spd stick that I have owned for over 4 years. I love it and, being recently retired, am, just recently, getting into some serious RVing. I just got a new set of 8ply Hankook tires, Dometic fridge, batwing tv antenna and awning. I plan to do some interior remodeling next year. The Toy is in good condition with no water damage. I have all the service records and manuals. I like the floorplan with 2 captains chairs with small round table in between and a sofa/bed across the aisle. I put in all new dense foam in the sofa. That was a job, but I probably did it the hard way. : P

I have the rear kitchen and small bath. Being that I'm single, I have plenty of room. I'm planning to go to AZ next winter and see you at the Quartzite AZ RV Rally in jan 2011.

I have a digital camera in my Palm Pre. When I do take some pics, someone will have to advise me as to where I send them. I have sent my digital pics in emails, before. I am kinda computer challenged. All I have for internet access is Sprint Palm Pre with tiny keyboard. Sigh......

Glad that I can mingle with other Toy lovers. I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge available on this site. Happy Trails to all!

Tudy