Oven troubles in Louisiana

I am having trouble with the oven in my 84 Sunrader. The pilot light works fine but when the ovens thermastat is turned up the gas never comes on. My father suspects the therma coupling is bad. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks

I am having trouble with the oven in my 84 Sunrader. The pilot light works fine but when the ovens thermastat is turned up the gas never comes on. My father suspects the therma coupling is bad. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks

If when you turn the temp knob up and you can see the pilot light enlarge its flame then its probably the thermal coupler. There is an off chance its the valve but unlikely. Now if the pilot flame does not enlarge then it could be the valve.

As a side note we replaced our stove oven with a new one, they are less than $300 I think. But it gets a hot spot which can burn foods directly over the pilot light. I think its due to the enlarged flame of the pilot light when in heat mode.