Width of most TOY motorhomes

spiritandrobyne

Since I will be making the up and coming RV purchase for me and my dog Spirit I need to learn the width of the hallways in most of these motorhomes. Spirit is getting older, just turned 14 and will soon, more than likely, I will need to have special wheels made for her to support her back legs for walking. I need to find out if the width of the hallway will support this or if this is just a downright horrible idea. TIA

Edited by spiritandrobyne

My dog is young but big (Great Dane) and it is all he can do with out getting on the bed to turn around they are pretty narrow you most likely will have to pick your dog up to turn him around. You had better figure nothing greater then 20" max and that only leaves about an inch each side the door alone is only a 22" opening.

Thanks for commenting... it got me thinking... probably just need to keep doing what Im doing now in my truck and that is stopping every hour or so to get Spirit out and walking. And while in the rv just have her in a comfie place where her mobility (due to size of home) is limited. Whether on wheels or not she'll be safer that way anyway.

I know once we get to our destinations minimal time will be spent inside the rv during the day. Thanks for your insite.

I just put the bed down (the one that part of the table) so my dog can lay up on that and sleep that way if I have to stop fast the back rests will stop him from ending up in my lap.