Rain water leak

Maineah

Has any one had issues with the gasket/seal around the A/C leaking? I have resealed every thing on the roof but the A/C it's one piece fiberglass so I'm reasonable sure it's not leaking. I have no ideal what's under the A/C any one had one off? (it's a Coleman) It will only leak if it really rains (1"+) seems to come out at the same place each time.

Maineah, I think you'll find that there is a proprietory gasket under the air conditioner. You likely have to yank it & put in a new gasket. .....You might get away with a bead of caulk, and rebedding the hold down bolts but you prolly gotta yank it..................Tony

Thanks Tony I sort of figured that I guess I'll try to locate one first then figure out how I'm going to get the cotton picking thing out of the way so I can replace it.

The gasket is about 1 inch by 1 inch thick foam material. If I remember it uses a special adhesive also. No real way to seal it later because the ac is in the way. There are some bolts inside the coach in the ac cover used to cinch the unit down. Check that are tight or just tighten them and see what happens.

A/C is all resealed. What a mess some one has had it off siliconed the entire thing down. They put it on every thing completely around the unit to the point the A/C unit could not drain there was what may have been the original gasket but it was only 5/16” thick so the A/C sat right down on the roof no clearance at all. Good thing I have a gadget that I use for wood work it has a scraper blade attachment that swings back and forth very fast I would have never gotten the thing off with out it because the silicone had it firmly attached. My local RV outfit had a gasket kit it comes with two pieces that fit under the rear of the A/C and a 14X14 gasket that is about one inch thick. Thanks for the insite guys now when it rains tonight I’ll find out if I fixed it!

Well it poured we had some sever thunder storms 40 mph winds and a 1/2" of rain in 15 minutes. No leaks!!