Canadian Posters

Canada Customs now stops and detains and even sends USA travelers for 10 year old minor misdemeaners....Won't let us in !. \Lets not let any of them in here..OK ?

What kind of a post is that??!!!! Maybe you should take your ranting somewhere else.......like a Border Security Forum. Canada Customs has nothing to do with the good Canadian folk that drive Toyota motorhomes and contribute constructively to this forum.

Canada Customs now stops and detains and even sends USA travelers for 10 year old minor misdemeaners....Won't let us in !. \Lets not let any of them in here..OK ?

Only ones I know of are OUI and felony convictions. I have all ways been treated well crossing into Canada and I do so at least 4 times a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Kellys--Being from Canada and having lived in the US for 23 years before moving back I can understand your frustration.

Think how upset the Canadian who was comming back from Mexico was who spent 2 weeks in a US jail when he was stopped at the border for a minor 1 pot cigarette charge that was 20 some odd years old and was a CANADIAN offense.

Drunk driving in Canada is a Federal offense like bank robbery and still they drink and drive here.

As Nibs said it's a two way street and though it was always there it was only heavily enforced when the US demanded it.

Steve.

When I return from Canada is when the trouble starts. Last time I crossed into the states they took every thing out of my car and put it on the pavement because they could! Drugs form Mexico are a big deal I feel for the poor guy but it's a drug and it's illegal and the US customs are a pain in the behind now that they are a part of home land security.

• 6 months later...

I believe, Ameteur Radio Operators are now part of HomeLand Security.

I did not know that! I guess I'll carry my ham license with me and say "hey guys I'm one of you"!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Two Kellys--Being from Canada and having lived in the US for 23 years before moving back I can understand your frustration.

Think how upset the Canadian who was comming back from Mexico was who spent 2 weeks in a US jail when he was stopped at the border for a minor 1 pot cigarette charge that was 20 some odd years old and was a CANADIAN offense.

Drunk driving in Canada is a Federal offense like bank robbery and still they drink and drive here.

As Nibs said it's a two way street and though it was always there it was only heavily enforced when the US demanded it.

Steve.

I lived in Canada for a couple years. It makes you realize how great it is to be an American Or a Canadian;

• In Canada its a felony to get a DUI, in America its a right of passage and where you get your first Tatoo.
  • In Canada you are guilty until proven innocent; In America you are Innocent unless you are proven poor.
  • In Canada they setup Ride Programs to stop and smell every drivers breath at every road leaving away from the best bars; in America we put breathalyzers next to the pay phones in the worst bars and Hire cops with Breath so bad they'd never be able distinguish a drunks from their own; AND they need a reason to pull you over.
  • In Canada they put a Tim Horton's on every corner thereby putting police coverage on every corner. In america we just don't put donuts all over the place like that.
  • In Canada you wait in line for Healthcare while eating that Tim Hortons; In America you wait in line for foodstamps, after visiting your doctor, listening to a guy in front of you complaining about President Obama and wanting to vote republican while in the same breath complaining about the length of the line.
  • In Canada all highways start with a 4.. In America the only thing that starts with a 4 is a game of Golf.
  • In Canada you can get some Poutine Gravy Fries or Fries Supreme, In America there are only one kind of fries because Nebraska ran out of the other kind.
  • In Canada Liquor and Beer is a federally sold and controlled substance; In America its sold for the people by the people thanks to Canada.
  • In Canada you may need to speak French; In America you may need to speak Ebonics, Redneck or Spanglish.
  • And... in America we let the criminals in... In Canada they keep the Americans out ! Enjoy my North American friends headbonk.gif