Trying to locate the present owners of my 1988 Toyota Dolphin

Jerry Sloan

I sold my 1988 Toyota Dolphin motorhome. I owned it for 25 years and made many improvements, and it lived in an airplane hangar in Rosamond California. I am hoping to get in touch with the new owners and see if they would consider selling it back to me. I sold it to a college kid and noticed he sold it last September 3rd in Bakersfield Ca. To a couple in Course Gold Calif. I called the Calif. DMV but they could not give me any info. I am hoping someone will know the people that now own it. I would just like to get in line to be the next owner. 661256 4868
Profile Information

Edited by Jerry Sloan
I would like to delete

Jerry,

I have a way of looking things up by VIN if you reach me here within a few days and can locate an old copy of your sales papers or insurance copy, etc to get the VIN.

This is California. There is a law forbidding DMV from giving out any current owner information to anyone but a licensed insurance agent who must supply a police report of an accident involving that vehicle. A vin only won't do you any good. 

Linda S 

Ok thanks, I have given up on that idea.  

You could try taking out a Craigslist ad. Post a pic and say you're looking for the motorhome you regret selling. 

Try Fresno and Gold Country sites. Even if they don't see it their friends or neighbors might. 

Linda S

Jerry, you have a pretty low threshold for looking.  I don't know about the CA restrictions, but I'll repeat.  I have a way of looking up VIN history and it may reveal your owner info.  I'm guessing you don't have the VIN?

See Ok thanks, I have given up on that idea.  

How do I delete my post? 

Doug,  I do have the VIN#

On 6/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, IdahoDoug said:

Jerry,

I have a way of looking things up by VIN if you reach me here within a few days and can locate an old copy of your sales papers or insurance copy, etc to get the VIN.

Vin#JT5RN75U6H0012027

Jerry, my access ended yesterday so I can no longer look it up.   Sorry about that.  Try looking up commercial title search companies online.