So, this is also my first post since joining and I'll do a more complete one on the General forum.  Bought it yesterday somewhat on a whim as it needs an interior gut and replace, but it has a crazy 32k miles on it and I think I'm up for the camper refit challenge.  On the way home, I made an interesting discovery at a gas stop.  It had near zero fuel from the buyers and we live 50 miles away.  But when I started filling it, about as much gas ended up on the pavement as in the tank, so I stopped at 2 gallons.  Kept my fingers crossed but pretty impressed at the duress infused fuel economy as we made it.

This morning I crawled under and a rodent has chewed a 1" diameter hole in the rubber hose that goes from the filler hole to the tank.  Anyone know if it's available?  Toyota no longer makes the part for a 1982 Pickup, but I was unsure if it is the same when on a cab/chassis that becomes a Sunrader.  My instinct says yes as I suspect it arrived in the US as a cap/chassis with an intact fuel tank and the camper was built around it.  Anyone know?  Good sources for Sunrader parts?  Thanks in advance.

Doug

Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately, this hose is a different diameter on each end.  So, bulk hose won't work.  I have to either find another model vehicle that is roughly the same length hose and uses the correct end diameters, or find an original hose made for the Sunrader.  I found one on eBay that says it is going to work, but I don't have much faith in it, frankly.  So, have others had to replace their fuel fill hoses and found a solution?

There is silicone wrap tape that is safe for fuel lines. At least fix it for now.

Versachem Wrap It Self Fusing Silicone Tape 10 ft. - Ace Hardware

You need to remove the hose from the filler tube to wrap it around tightly, then reinstall.

Lasts a really long time. I have a similar product sealing the water lines to my water heater in my Sunrader. Never did replace the hoses. It's been there 10 years and no leaks yet.

Linda S

Many times you can use exhaust reducers to change hose diameters.

Check places like pep boys that carry a good selection of DIY exhaust parts.

This is full on emergency redneck engineering. Get about 3" of bulk filler hose about the same diameter as the damaged hose. Slit it length ways and slip it over the damaged section and use a bunch of hose clamps to hold it tight and seal the leak.

Linda's self fusing tape is also great for emergency radiator hose repair, wrap the split and hose clamp it. Remove the radiator cap and drive slowly

Hey, those are some great suggestions.  Kudus to Toyota for making it relatively easy to remove the part.  Inside the cabinet, the hose goes through a little dog house and after removing this, access was good.  As I just got the beast home from buying it Sunday, I don't have to move it for any reason until I register it.  So I have time to wait for the hose I ordered on eBay and see if it fits properly.  Cross your fingers.

The new hose fit perfectly. Took 5 minutes to install with new stretchy rubber vs fighting to get 40 year old hard as plastic off last week.