Depends on what size wheels you’re running. Factory wheels are 14”. Someone may have changed them to 15” which is what your tire dealer is suggesting. Or he might be reading what his books tell him.

The tire diameter should be no more than 27”. You need to be sure the tires will fit into the wheel wells without rubbing or bottoming out. I have 15” rims and am running Thunderer R402 in 195/70R15 size. The “70” profile is the better choice for me because I’m running single tires in the back. The original factory tires 185/14 were 25.75 inches in diameter.

Edited by fred heath

It's very unlikely you have 15 inch tires on your Sunrader. Go read the size on your tires. I personally think the Yokohamas are over priced and over rated. A member here had a problem with almost new tires popping a few years back. Also they are a summer tire. We need all the traction we can get so an all season tire is better suited. The Thunderers are reasonable, and this company will send them to your house for free. 

Then you just pay for installation. Saves you a lot of money. 

Thunderer Ranger R101 185R14C 102/100Q D (8 Ply) AS A/S All Season Tire (prioritytire.com)

Linda S

Strange, the Yokohamas claim to be a D load tire but they actually aren't. On the dually wheels they max out at 1565lbs but the Thunderers max out at 1765. 200lbs less weight carrying capacity is a lot. No thank you Yokohama.

VERY IMPORTANT. Look at your rear wheels. Are they 6 hand hole wheels. If so your rear driver side dually is left hand thread.

Anyone who tries to take a tire off must be informed of this or your lug bolts are going to get snapped off. Only that wheel is different. Rear drivers side. 

Linda S

thank you so much fred & linda, I really really appreciate it.

you are correct - I have 14”

I currently have these on there (photos attached) - they are now recommending:

nexen roadian CT8 185R14

with an 1865lb max capacity

do these seem OK? I would love to order the ones linked, but if these are ok, I will go with it as we are a bit stranded in terms of parking at the moment. if the linked thunderers are better for less, I may try to wait and keep my fingers crossed on the parking situation!

so very much appreciate your help!

2E88AF77-34B4-4643-B7C5-9691008593A9.jpeg

83B3C494-6158-4164-8E5C-A4DF904647B4.jpeg

Those will work. Good load rating. Best I’ve seen so far for that size tire.

I'm from San Jose. What tire shop is this. If you had ordered the excellent tires I posted I'm guessing you would have saved hundreds. I could have also recommended some excellent tire shops who have done work for me and wouldn't have cared at all that you brought your own tires.

Please don't forget the left hand lugs on the drivers side rear.

Linda S

unfortunately the tires are 15 years old and very cracked in back so we didn’t want to risk driving too far and having a blow out. also were in a time sensitive situation because we had a potential theft issue and wanted to get it ok to drive 30 mins to a locked storage until we can get it squared away off the street at our house and have it spend minimal time where it is parked. long story, but this is why we didn’t order and take to another tire shop. this tire shop has fixed 5 nails in my tires (I have no idea why so many is even possible, but that is another issue!) in the last 2 years since we moved nearby and they’ve never charged me or accepted a tip, so I figured it was a way to pay that back… we were told we could get them on saturday so we went with the quicker option - then they said it would be monday - then today these other tires came in incorrectly. they are now storing it inside their shop for us so we could not worry so much about it overnight and gave a discount for the issue, as it would be another 2 days to wait for the others… ah! just didn’t go as planned. I suppose I can ask them to store it and wait for the ones online at this point. I told them 82346 times about the LH lugs on driver rear, but typing this out makes me think I should sit there while they do them as this didn’t go well so far! thank you so much linda!!

I totally understand not wanting to drive that far on really bad tires. My favorite tire place was

Tire Merchant San Jose, CA ;· 899 N 13th St, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 292-1339 ; 

No website, cash only but cheap and excellent fast service. You really need to bring your own tires here. They don't carry our weird size. The owner made very sure the valve stems were the right ones for my rig. The 86, 6 hand hole wheel won't take a metal valve stem. You have to use a high pressure rubber stem. 
Linda S

thank you, I really appreciate it! we bought it in san jose and the previous owner towed it to our house to be sure nothing went wrong on the drive up due to a few things that needed attention - if I’d been more organized, I would have had some of the work done down there first.

thank you for all the help!!!