Negative amps (-2.5) even though everything is off

KonCon

I'm planning to go camping tomorrow. We had a major snow storm last weekend and everything is melted now so I just checked out my sunrader if it's good to go. While checking the battery panel, I realized that there are currently - 2.5 amps being drawn, even though it's night and all electrical is turned off. The battery is at 94 percent so I'm not too worried about it but I would like to understand how I can figure out what is causing this and hopefully fix it. 

Thanks everyone. 

Nico 

Probably a number of ways to track down the phantom power loss. I like to use an amp clamp device found on some multimeters (if you've got money to burn and plan on doing a lot of electrical work, buy a Fluke—otherwise you can get a decent Chinese knockoff that'll do the job for under $40).

Process would look like this... locate your 12V power center panel and the wires coming off each 12V circuit (usually a separate circuit for lights, water pump, furnace, fan, etc). Use the amp clamp on each wire, one at a time, to see which one is drawing current. If everything is off, the measurement should be basically 0.00 Amps on each of those circuits, so watch for the anomaly. That's where I'd start, anyways.

Old Skool. set up amp meter, remove ALL DC fuses and put them back in one at a time. see what circuit is drawing power and start looking for things.

Thanks for the advice. This issue somehow solved itself. I turned on the heater and realized while the fan was running, it was still drawing the same amps. Once I turned off the heat, the amps draw disappeared and my battery was actually charging. Weird but I'm happy. Having another issue now but I will post that in a separate post.