Dometic RM2410 stopped cooling

Miss Toni

Howdy Folks,

I'm new to this RV site and glad it's available.  I've had my Micro Warrior almost 5 years.  Fridge worked fine until recently.  Had it on AC electric over night, temp 34 degrees in the AM (forward to the door from the fins).  Turned it off a day to park it and perform spring cleaning and maintenance.  Plugged back in to AC overnight--YIKES--never cooled.  Tried LP--same thing.  Heating elements operative on AC and LP after removing outside rear fridge cover for examination.  Performed sight, smell, listening test--no yellow powder, no ammonia, no gurgling.  AC electric operative and LP burner has good flame.  Tapped on fin condenser coil and various assessable plumbing to hopefully rule out ammonia crystallization.  Thermistor coil intact.  Motorhome has always been level except one overnight incident 1 1/2 years ago when fridge was not level and had diminished cooling but recovered once driving again.  I'm not an absorption refrigerator diagnostician and surely could use advice.  

The fins inside the fridge don't feel cold at all? I must admit I'm stumped. From working perfectly to not at all when your cooling unit is

heating up properly. You seem to know what you're doing and checked everything perfectly. Hopefully someone else here has some clues. 

Linda S

Thank you folks for your responses.  Yes, I had previously rotated the thermostat control knob in both directions multiple times (and the rod is still attached to the thermostat).  And the fridge has a perfect flame observed at both the rear compartment of the fridge and control panel window.  Please keep those responses coming as they are all greatly appreciated! 

Ideas from the cheap seats🤡.

If a wack didn't turn it back on. Try the old stand by. Take it out and turn it over for a day, putting it on its side helps too. Whacking it in all positions doesn't hurt.

I've had a 30% success with this procedure.

Take an air compressor and blow out the boiler stack (tall skinny thing), rust flakes can block air flow.

Here's what THEY say...https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/rm2510_52.pdf

Edited by WME

Thank you WME.  I was trying to resolve this issue without the inevitable—pulling the 92# fridge!  May I inquire how many RM2410’s that you pulled and turned upside down to give you a 30% success rate?  I certainly appreciate your input. 

1 out of 3 fridges. Only 1 was a 2410. The 2410 was not a winner.

Well maybe you should check for ammonia to find out if your cooling unit is still functioning properly. Might be so little you can't tell. These tests you just put near where the ammonia might be. I would put one next to the cooling unit and one in the fridge. This is for a pack of 2 and should be available close to you. Worth a try and cheap.

Seachem Combo Alert Pack 1 Year | Petco

Linda S

In the process of removing the 92# beast (and not an easy feat, I might add).  'Will most likely replace the cooling unit and thermostat once out--heck, I sure do not want to go thru this on another occasion!  I have no idea what the Winnebago team may have been drinking (or smoking) as the coach LP line with gauge to the heating element was installed and ascends from the outside fridge compartment floor right in front of the thermostat plastic cover.  The plastic cover is box-shaped and can't be removed until the fridge is pulled away from that LP line!  I'm certain it will require at least a couple of weeks to complete this entire task.  Thanking all of you once again for your input, stay well and happy traveling! 😃

Random thoughts.

You can replace the cooling unit with fridge inside the RV. Lay it door down on a some bath towels or scrap carpet.  If everything goes pear shaped, the fridge can be removed through the passenger door, BUT the seat has to come out first.

Can you see ANY difference in the flame as you turn the thermostat?? When you tried to re start the fridge did it gurgle? (bad)