I just picked up the ones @linda s sent me to Napa for. Y’all telling me it’s no dice? 

image.jpg

Edited by MorboTheDMVclerk-DestroyerofDays

Sorry the flare in the middle needs to stick out a little. The last one I posted is the right one. Like extech says it's for a 5/16 hose but only 1/16 of an inch different than the 3/8 inch hose. A clamp will hold it fine

Linda S

4 hours ago, linda s said:

This looks like a match. 

https://www.fittings.space/hb32w-05-m14x15fif

Yeah really hard to find

Linda S 

Ok, so this is the piece I need to attach a hose to the pump mount; what is the corresponding piece needed to affix the opposite end of the hose to the fuel line?  (have to cut the fuel line and use a flair tool)

apologies if my questions seem redundant, but I am a bicycle guy and really am pretty in the dark when it comes to motor vehicles

so you need the same fitting on the other end of the hose, a tube nut that fits the hose end, and a double flair on the cut off line.  take the cut off part to the store to get the right size tube nut

• 3 weeks later...

I am beyond frustrated  🤬

the bit will barely catch the threads of the old one image.jpg.fa63b8949109b5660f80df8e4dae0a77.jpgand I can’t apparently find the proper mount anywhere (they lied about it)IMG_9936.png.4e448374561ceeeaf1b72eeff8579638.png

i ordered thinking I was getting this (they said I was getting this), but I got this image.jpg.a267fc928c02ec3a9e8177708958a194.jpg

regarding the threading. do you know what type of threads are on that brass fitting? I believe the fuel lines are similar to the brake lines and will require flare fittings. if the brass fitting is NPT it won't work for a couple of reasons. (1) NPT is not compatible with flared fittings (2)If the toyota end is not a flare type, it would be a likely be BSPT or R thread type which are also not compatible with NPT. If you the part to the auto parts store they can likely provide an adaptor fitting. In any case, i think the part you need is a metric female inverted flare fitting to adapt to hose. 

BRASS INVERTED FLARE FITTINGS - SAE - METRIC - FASTFITTINGS.COM

image.jpg.1a5841af498df0c4d3234447e57059ca.jpg
this is the original connection to the mount. 70725379003__CE634E10-9102-4D73-87C3-4F8EE6704FCF.jpeg.70786758a6b1f13c5100c5fe00734d38.jpeg

this is the one I ordered via y’all’s suggestion. The threading is correct but the inner flange won’t let out fit on the mount

maybe take the old one to a hose shop and ask them to duplicate

• 2 weeks later...

can you hear the pump run when you turn the key to 'on'

i would pull the plugs and check if wet, also crank with plugs connected and laying on manifold to check for spark