Running lights

Ariel

OK, I give up.  How do I turn on/off the rear running lights on an 86 rear dinette Sunrader? Sometimes I turn the engine off, and they stay on for days.  The previous owner installed lots of extra switches which only complicates the issue.

I have an 86 and the lights turn on and off with my headlights. My rear running lights are wired in to the passenger side rear tail light. this is probably a good place to start checking the wiring.

Your running lights are supposed to be wired to come on and off with your headlights and taillights. Do yours turn on if your other lights aren't on the but truck is running? Staying on for a few days before they go out sounds like they are wired to your house battery. Lights wouldn't go out until your battery is drained. 

Is this a new purchase and can you reach the previous owner and ask? Otherwise, this could get very complicated. 

I can tell you where they are supposed to be hooked up. Rear passenger side they should be attached to the wire that feeds that side taillight. Not at the taillight though. Splits off before it gets to the taillight. Only way to get in there is to remove the top panel of your rear seat. With cushions off you can see the screws. 

There's no way to know what he did so even that might not be a lot of help. Sorry

Linda S

See the wires going down that rear corner. Those are your running light wires

image.png.008a298ca508c53b03ce3b1a1ae8879e.png

• 4 months later...