Onan MicroLite 2800 for sale

Hi everyone -

I've removed the Onan MicroLite 2800 generator from my '91 Toyota  Warrior and have it available for sale.  I'm located in western MA, and willing to discuss local pick up, regional delivery, or FOB common carrier arrangements. 

In the two years I've owned the Warrior, I have tested the generator every few months.  It has always started up and functioned as expected. I most recently tested it the day before it was removed.

I chose to remove the generator because I no longer have a rooftop AC (removed that too), and have access to shoreline power at the primary site where I camp.  

I'm planning to post the generator for sale on eBay, Craigslist, etc -- but thought I would start here.

The model number is FA26100G, and the serial number begins with F990, which I believe means it was manufactured in 1999. 

I also have the Onan GenSet meter, which reads 58 hours.   The meter, exhaust pipe, (carefully labelled) wire harnesses and manuals for the generator and meter are also included.

Looking at eBay, it seems these units are worth somewhere between $750 and $1500, depending on model, condition, etc. 

Open to offers, please feel free to message me privately, request photos, etc.

Regards,

Eric

Your sale ability would have been better if you left it in running condition or can reinstall it so potential buyers can test it out under load.

The older carburetors tend to junk up and cause a ‘hunting’ condition under load. At idle they run fine. New carburetor is over $250.00.

No rebuild kits are available from Onan.

My Onan 2800 had a total of 42 hours on the meter when purchased. Could never get it to run steady under load. I removed the carburetor, cleaned it up and reinstalled, same problem. Finally had to replace with new carburetor before it would run correctly.

Most informed buyers will want to hear it run under load.

Edited by fred heath

They are very good mobile units no doubt but a limited audience. Good luck. I had a 4,000 watt older one that was a twin cylinder 1,800 RPM (read really quiet) I have forgotten how I ended up with it but it now belongs to our amature radio club with caster wheels under it for field events.

Thank you Fred, points taken.  I probably should have made a video/audio recording of it running under load.  When I tested it, I would also run the rooftop AC, and it didn't have any issues that I noticed.  But agree that the ideal would be for a prospective buyer to be able to test it out for themselves.    

Maineah, I like the "put it on casters" visual -- do you just bring a fuel can separately and drop the fuel line into it?

You can easily bench test it by just running the fuel line into a can, 12v battery hookup, and wiring the 115 into a standard outlet if you’re comfortable with 115 (don’t mess with it if you aren’t). Then you can show it works running a hair dryer or whatever. 

16 hours ago, DeepEndFrog said:

Thank you Fred, points taken.  I probably should have made a video/audio recording of it running under load.  When I tested it, I would also run the rooftop AC, and it didn't have any issues that I noticed.  But agree that the ideal would be for a prospective buyer to be able to test it out for themselves.    

Maineah, I like the "put it on casters" visual -- do you just bring a fuel can separately and drop the fuel line into it?

Yes, they do have electric fuel pumps so it's just a matter of sticking a hose in a tank ours is a little more elaborate because there are people around it so it's a perminate setup. The 4000 is pretty hefty it needs to be on wheels two people can pick it up but it's not fun. The 2.8 would make a nice backup power box with little effort, heat, water pump etc. for some one.